Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS 1.6 Best Gameplay

SPY's Avatar ( The.Universe )

Tongue

Oldies are goldies

2. Games   -   #2
    I spent way too much of my youth playing this game.

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by luke182 View Post
    I spent way too much of my youth playing this game.
    As did I. Going to a cafe to play with friends and/or whoever was there at the time was a lot of fun. I remember when 1.6 came out, there was so much drama regarding the addition of the shield, and we had a "war" between those who liked 1.6 and its new features vs. the 1.5 crowd

It seems that everyone I know stopped giving a fuck about any version of this game at some point in '09, though.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Games   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Have you tried CS:GO? Its grown pretty big recently (along with the competitive scene as well which can be fun to watch) and Valve is constantly balancing/patching it. I've been playing it a lot with my friends and it's a pretty good time. You could probably pick it up pretty easily during a steam sale for 5 bucks or so.

5. Games   -   #5
    Thanks for the tip, but my interest drifted away from shooter and multiplayer games since the days I mentioned.

All I play nowadays is ADOM and GTA San Andreas. Was really hooked up with Warzone 2100, but eventually exhausted all the enjoyment the single player segment can offer.

6. Games   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ADOM
    Jeesh, thought they would have v2 up and for sale by now...

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.c...e-edition.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Games   -   #7
    ADOM II (formerly JADE) is a completely different game that runs on a new engine, and takes place many centuries after the events of the original ADOM. Right now all the development effort is placed on the Steam version of the latter, so other projects are paused. The development team is working constantly to fix bugs and add features that will make the game attractive to a wider crowd, like difficulty levels and recoverable savegames.

With that said, I prefer the ASCII version that fits on a floppy disk and its tough as nails gameplay.

8. Games   -   #8
    Gamer_155's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=anon;3759504]
    Quote Originally Posted by luke182 View Post
    It seems that everyone I know stopped giving a fuck about any version of this game at some point in '09, though.
    CSGO has made alot of 1.5 & 1.6 players happy to play on, compared to CS:Source.

9. Games   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Surely I'm not the only person who has always enjoyed FPS games, but though CS was complete shit.

yo

10. Games   -   #10
    CS was great only because you could play online and there was a big community for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast