Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Astraweb problems again

I've been having missing blocks in my astraweb dl's for a little while now. I connect to ssl-us.astraweb.com.

2. Newsgroups   -   #42
    I usually just try reopenning the nzb and redownloading the parts with missing blocks. It sucks but sometimes I get them 2 or 3 times and each time the file will grab a different size.

Weird my previous post didn't show up. I originally said that I've been getting missing parts for awhile now from astraweb also. I connect to ssl-us.astraweb.com.
    Last edited by spectrenine; 02-13-2015 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Newsgroups   -   #43
    I'm hit or miss with astra lately. sometimes I get my normal connection speeds, sometimes it takes a crap and am hitting garbage speeds. I mainly use the news.astraweb.com and news.astraweb.com servers. Not sure if I should switch to another company or not.

4. Newsgroups   -   #44
    I'm using Astra Europe, with a free XSusenet as a backup, works fine most times .
    That said, as of this morning I can't download anything, hope it'll get fixed soon ...

5. Newsgroups   -   #45
    I had the same problem with AstraWeb, so I got NZB Completion Checker and a fill-in server account from TweakNews, so far it has worked out great.

6. Newsgroups   -   #46
    Im also having some download problems with Astraweb..I'll try your solution dlee021772..thx

7. Newsgroups   -   #47
    wtf is going on with astra? a shitload of incompletes here and there(random releases posted within last week)Some releases are totally screwed up.Not dmcaed. There are some peculiar cases where nzbcc reports this or that release is complete but the moment you start downloading it there is like 400+++ missing articles

8. Newsgroups   -   #48
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    wtf is going on with astra? a shitload of incompletes here and there(random releases posted within last week)Some releases are totally screwed up.Not dmcaed. There are some peculiar cases where nzbcc reports this or that release is complete but the moment you start downloading it there is like 400+++ missing articles
    It is still pants but to lesser extent. My fill server (not the usual Astraweb US backup) is taking many hits for some particular posts. Doesn`t seem to be group specific on the download side so I can only assume it goes a bit further back to the original poster and their provider. Which is no excuse of course as other NNTP providers are picking up the posts anyway....

9. Newsgroups   -   #49
    Same here, will def be lookin to change provider once sub expires !!

Quote Originally Posted by dlee021772 View Post
    I had the same problem with AstraWeb, so I got NZB Completion Checker and a fill-in server account from TweakNews, so far it has worked out great.
    Thanks , will try before giving up on astraweb
    Last edited by jloc; 03-18-2015 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Newsgroups   -   #50
    Things do tend to come and go a bit, but I tend to ignore things until they got really off the rails

The lack of a lot of posters to include anywhere near what I consider the minimum in pars (10%) adds to the problem.

I also notice that L3 (the primary feeder into Astra/US) has been messing around with their route tables this week, sometimes sending traffic down to LA on a loop. Unknown as to why.

Mr. Internet is not perfect. That's why PARS were invented, if folks would use them properly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast