Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I am still a virgin at the age of 33

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    [Glad you like it. I agree, once you have your favorite plugins/add-ons/skins entrenched and set the way you like it, it becomes an incredibly well rounded system. What remote are you using?
    Got it setup on 2 Amazon Fire TV boxes. The remote navigates very well (not flawlessly). For the $80/$29 I paid, I cannot complain in the slightest. With Amazon Prime and Netflix on the same desktop, I cannot keep up with all of the entertainment choices.

Helps that some of the XBMC distros come with full sets of plugins. Not much needed to do.

I've got a good friend who does a lot for us. For Christmas, I hooked him up with a Fire TV, joystick, and XBMC. With his busy schedule, he has not had time to download shows via other filesharing systems. Now he just picks from an endless supply of media and enjoys. His son uses the Amazon apps to play games. Made me a family hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Keep asking... statistically you'll get what you're looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxyySRgrYsU

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    [Glad you like it. I agree, once you have your favorite plugins/add-ons/skins entrenched and set the way you like it, it becomes an incredibly well rounded system. What remote are you using?
    Got it setup on 2 Amazon Fire TV boxes. The remote navigates very well (not flawlessly). For the $80/$29 I paid, I cannot complain in the slightest. With Amazon Prime and Netflix on the same desktop, I cannot keep up with all of the entertainment choices.

Helps that some of the XBMC distros come with full sets of plugins. Not much needed to do.

I've got a good friend who does a lot for us. For Christmas, I hooked him up with a Fire TV, joystick, and XBMC. With his busy schedule, he has not had time to download shows via other filesharing systems. Now he just picks from an endless supply of media and enjoys. His son uses the Amazon apps to play games. Made me a family hero!
    What joystick? I just got a FireTV. Did you sideload XBMC like this? http://www.alashiban.com/running-xbm...step-tutorial/

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    I was thinking about how doctors are extremely willing to describe every variety of mental deviation as ADHD. Some people can naturally be hyperactive, while others can be so laid back that they are almost comatose.

Have you ever queued at a checkout, only to find the person at the head of the queue is moving at the pace of a snail?

Some people are dynamic, while others struggle to motivate themselves.

Some people are advanced while others are late developers.

Our world has every conceivable mix, from slow to fast, from comatose to dynamic, from introvert to extrovert, from quiet to loud, from Oleg to megabyteme. The fact is that our world has a mix of so many different characters. If we were all the same, what a boring world we would live in. Also, how could one excel if we were all alike.

There is a place in this world for all of us, and I mean all of us. No one is excluded from this human club we have. After all, ethnic or any other cleansing for that matter cannot be tolerated. Life is too short to hold grudges.
    Disregarding the possible implication that the only use for some people is to make others feel better, I more or less agree with your assessment.

Everyone should have a right to life*, and we should accept far more variety in behaviour without labeling it with diagnosis. In fact, I feel that for some people, being given one (diagnosis) validates not trying to overcome whatever personal obstacles they might have, which is sad.

That said, I also believe that we owe it to ourself, and to others, to at least try to not get stuck in a rut, when we have problems. To do something about it, rather than just whine. Venting is all right, but venting forever isn't. If someone does, IDGAF.

*But not at the expense of other lives, not freely given, and there has to be a point where maybe their right is forfeit - I'm considering proven mass murderers and such.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by kschlege View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

What joystick? I just got a FireTV. Did you sideload XBMC like this? http://www.alashiban.com/running-xbm...step-tutorial/
    You don't need to go through all the trouble of command prompts anymore. Learn how to use adbfire. It makes the process MuCH simpler.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV

There are videos available which help reduce some of the confusing parts. Watch those, but focus on ones that are from the past 3 months. Older ones take you through pre-automated steps. The greatest challenge at this point is making sure your pc is connecting to the FireTV, and that you have the proper files ready for the adbfire program to place them on your FireTV.

As for the joystick, just get the $40 one from Amazon designed for the FireTV. There are other cheapo options, but not worth it, IMO. I believe you can use newer Xbox controllers via bluetooth, but I have not done so.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-05-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Well that's another perfectly good "OlgeL whining about being mental and never getting laid while everyone sits back and doesn't really give a fuck" thread shot to hell.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I hope you're all pleased with yourselves.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Disregarding the possible implication that the only use for some people is to make others feel better, I more or less agree with your assessment.
    What you describe is often called competition. When we go for a job vacancy, only one can fill the spot. The others, while not necessarily failures, were not good enough to land the job. In every scenario, there are winners and losers. It doesn't mean the losers are failures, only that the winner was able to demonstrate an elevated ability.

If we didn't compete against others, there is no way we could feel better. If we automatically qualified for that job, how could we appreciate the honor of getting the job over others?
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    What you describe is often called competition. When we go for a job vacancy, only one can fill the spot. The others, while not necessarily failures, were not good enough to land the job. In every scenario, there are winners and losers. It doesn't mean the losers are failures, only that the winner was able to demonstrate an elevated ability.

If we didn't compete against others, there is no way we could feel better. If we automatically qualified for that job, how could we appreciate the honor of getting the job over others?
    Should that be a metric by which we are valued, though?

In a perfect world, we wouldn't measure our accomplishments in relation to others. I mean, I'm not saying I never have, or that I won't again, but I'd like to think that we, as a species could rise above having to feel superior over others to feel better.

Also, I'd like to think that when I dislike someone over being a useless dipshit, or whatever, it is because I think that they're a useless dipshit, and with with no ulterior motives such as self-gratification. But then again, maybe that is still going on in my subconcious.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Also, I'd like to think that when I dislike someone over being a useless dipshit, or whatever, it is because I think that they're a useless dipshit, and with with no ulterior motives such as self-gratification. But then again, maybe that is still going on in my subconcious.
    I believe there is a certain level of "Oh thank god I'm not that guy!" involved here. Seems to be a certain level of wired-in survival instinct to do so. Think of primitive man throwing a rock at a woolly mammoth and getting stomped to death for his stupidity. Or a truly bad driver running off the road. Or one of a brazillion youtube videos available for our amusement. We either learn from the failings of others, have learned, or will find ourselves as "that guy".

We can laugh, mock, or even empathize with the situations, but these things bring us amusement the same way comedians describe everyday circumstances which we get the same internal giggles from. Not too dissimilar from other fight-or-flight responses.

In regards to Oleg, we've run the full gambit of laughs to good, solid advice. It has not been heeded. We aren't necessarily "better" than Oleg, but he is the guy facing down the tiger, and he is ill prepared.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast