Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: I am still a virgin at the age of 33

TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    We all evolve because our peers and our forerunners have given us advice, or demonstrated by example, on how we should proceed.

We learn through several mediums.

1) By example; someone demonstrates how we should proceed and we learn from that example.

2) Positive exploration; someone discovers a new way to do something, and passes that information on to the rest of us.

3) Negative exploration; someone discovers a way of not doing something, and we learn from their mistake.

I imagine that idiot who was chucking rocks at the mammoth, and got trampled to death, demonstrated to the others how not to take down a mammoth.

I imagine that the guy that used a javelin to bring down the mammoth encouraged others to do the same.

I imagine those who brought down the mammoth with their javelins passed on this fact to their peers and their offspring.

See how we learn.

Of course, there are exceptions, such as those who make the same mistakes over and over again, and are unable to comprehend that they continually fail. As John Cleese said recently, you have to be reasonably intelligent to know you are stupid, because there is a level of stupidity where they are so stupid that they cannot conceive that they are stupid. In other words, they are too stupid to know that they are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    We all evolve because our peers and our forerunners have given us advice, or demonstrated by example, on how we should proceed.

We learn through several mediums.

1) By example; someone demonstrates how we should proceed and we learn from that example.

2) Positive exploration; someone discovers a new way to do something, and passes that information on to the rest of us.

3) Negative exploration; someone discovers a way of not doing something, and we learn from their mistake.

I imagine that idiot who was chucking rocks at the mammoth, and got trampled to death, demonstrated to the others how not to take down a mammoth.

I imagine that the guy that used a javelin to bring down the mammoth encouraged others to do the same.

I imagine those who brought down the mammoth with their javelins passed on this fact to their peers and their offspring.

See how we learn.

Of course, there are exceptions, such as those who make the same mistakes over and over again, and are unable to comprehend that they continually fail. As John Cleese said recently, you have to be reasonably intelligent to know you are stupid, because there is a level of stupidity where they are so stupid that they cannot conceive that they are stupid. In other words, they are too stupid to know that they are stupid.
    We also judge others based on not only how their actions/competence affect the community, but also how their involvement reflects those involved. We are prone to point out flaws in order to keep others from seeing us as deficient, also.

Look at how we criticize the overweight ( ), sloppy, filthy, undereducated, etc. We really don't want those negatives associated with us. By denigrating, we are saying, "I recognize this person's shortcomings, so do NOT pin them on me- I know better; that's not me..." Most of these are ultimately based in some sort of survival of the group nature' overweight=unhealthy, filthy=spreads disease, undereducated=prone to mistakes, etc.

As for your Cleese quote, he's paraphrasing work done on competency http://cornellpsych.org/sasi/papers/...-PSPC-2008.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Well that's another perfectly good "OlgeL whining about being mental and never getting laid while everyone sits back and doesn't really give a fuck" thread shot to hell.
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1260328965

4. Lounge   -   #54
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee
    how difficult it is to change diapers for an assburger
    It seems to me that you are a really big fan of the word "assburger". Do you watch the show "Community"? I know that the word "assburger" was mentioned at least once throughout the series. Did you become a fan of that word after you became a fan of "Community"? I am just trying to figure out why you love that word so much.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Lounge   -   #55
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    And i f there is such a thing as natural selection I'm trying to figure out why you're still alive.

It's those liberals isn't it?
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    And i f there is such a thing as natural selection I'm trying to figure out why you're still alive.

Yeah, they have refused to give out his home address.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com

Isn't the fact that he is alive proof that he has a right to live?

Surely you must concede that Oleg does have something to offer the rest of us, and that is honesty. I mean, how many members of this forum are upfront enough to let us know that they are still virgins?

I think he deserves a round of applause for his transparency.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    [QUOTE=TheFoX;3758525]
    how many members of this forum are upfront enough to let us know that they are still virgins?
    I'm a virgin at 26. Whats so good about not being one?

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Isn't it time the thread-starter changed the title to I am still a virgin at the age of 34

Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Et tu's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee
    how difficult it is to change diapers for an assburger
    It seems to me that you are a really big fan of the word "assburger". Do you watch the show "Community"? I know that the word "assburger" was mentioned at least once throughout the series. Did you become a fan of that word after you became a fan of "Community"? I am just trying to figure out why you love that word so much.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=269482050
    My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast