Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2 grabs

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You're perfectly right but just not in the way you meant it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You're perfectly right but just not in the way you meant it.
    what do you mean?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    I have a question, and maybe it has been covered before. I've been on FST for a long time, over 3 years now. And I have no problem with posting on the forums to get more privs. But my question is, why posts in the NZB section do not count? If it is, I would surely have gotten more than the 10 required to be a poster by now. Or at least, that's what I do try to do from time to time, to tell people about the quality of the file or such. But it is a bummer that useful posts / comments like that do not count.. Is it a technical problem? Can it be fixed in some way? Or some kind of search that someone could do to prove that they have posted enough and appeal to the moderators to update their status?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    philquad's Avatar Poster
    they forgot its 2015

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    As long as the site owner doesn't pull another NZBsRus fiasco, I'm fine with this. For NZBsRus details - http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comme...losing/caqpeoy

Had a subscription based option that offered lifetime unlimited downloads, they made a new subscription model that could only be bought with Bitcoin (making it more expensive as well) that allowed you to download. Users who didn't subscribe couldn't download anything.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by patkhoo View Post
    I have a question, and maybe it has been covered before. I've been on FST for a long time, over 3 years now. And I have no problem with posting on the forums to get more privs. But my question is, why posts in the NZB section do not count? If it is, I would surely have gotten more than the 10 required to be a poster by now. Or at least, that's what I do try to do from time to time, to tell people about the quality of the file or such. But it is a bummer that useful posts / comments like that do not count.
    I've seen it before, what happens when "participation" becomes compulsory. Not saying you specifically, but what'll result is a large number of users spamming nzb comments with (verbatim), "thanks," "good one," or "me too." All that does is change the venue. Slightly.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 02-19-2015 at 02:43 AM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    I got hit with the two grabs a day today and had no idea about it, I might not get anything for a few days and then all of a sudden I might see more than two but limited now. If I have to post more, guess I'll have to try and get my count up.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    I'd be glad to donate if I could do it with a credit card. do not want to sign up with paypal

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patkhoo View Post
    I have a question, and maybe it has been covered before. I've been on FST for a long time, over 3 years now. And I have no problem with posting on the forums to get more privs. But my question is, why posts in the NZB section do not count? If it is, I would surely have gotten more than the 10 required to be a poster by now. Or at least, that's what I do try to do from time to time, to tell people about the quality of the file or such. But it is a bummer that useful posts / comments like that do not count.
    I've seen it before, what happens when "participation" becomes compulsory. Not saying you specifically, but what'll result is a large number of users spamming nzb comments with (verbatim), "thanks," "good one," or "me too." All that does is change the venue. Slightly.
    OK, so we'll end up with "not very useful" stuff in the forums instead of the NZB comments section.. How's that help? At least with the NZB Section, there already is a quick and easy mechanism for "Thanks" .. Which, I agree in the spirit of things, should not count towards the post total. Or maybe instead of allowing comments on a particular NZB, shift the comments to the forums? But I admit, that might not be very easy to do..

I guess I'm just trying to understand the reasons why the forums is counted, but the comments in the NZB section is not. There is a kind of (smaller) "Community" there too.. Or else we'll end up being "discriminatory" against introverts .. Ha ha h aha! LOL!

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    Whatever the case, I don't make the rules. Completely out of my hands.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast