Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Now you've unleashed the Tiger, Idol. Say what you will about the history of the Jewish people but DO NOT malign his 2 Broke Girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    And it is funny that you knock the two biggest comedy shows on the planet right now. The Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke Girls.
    Popularity is no measure of quality.If nothing else George W. Bush's re- election should have taught you that.
    Please tell me you mean Obama right???

Bush's are always good in any shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Now you've unleashed the Tiger, Idol. Say what you will about the history of the Jewish people but DO NOT malign his 2 Broke Girls.
    No matter how stupid that 22 min show is , I will take that over any reality tv show.
    How many fuckin Canadian Idols can you watch at one time.
    Last edited by shaina; 04-06-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Obama's great sin is that people were hoping for Kennedy and instead they got Carter.

I don't know if a President is even able to stand up to the many political/economic interests anymore.If one can then he'd/she'd have to be made of a lot stronger stuff than Obama.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    shaina's Avatar Poster

Obama's great sin is that people were hoping for Kennedy and instead they got Carter.

I don't know if a President is even able to stand up to the many political/economic interests anymore.If one can then he'd/she'd have to be made of a lot stronger stuff than Obama.
    I don't know if you just pulled that comparison out of you ass , but it is fuckin brilliant!!!
    What would be even more ironic , if Obama has the same breakdown after his term as the peanut fucker Carter had. He is defiantly off his meds.

And it is funny that you knock the two biggest comedy shows on the planet right now. The Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke Girls.
    Popularity is no measure of quality.If nothing else George W. Bush's re- election should have taught you that.
    Well the rest of that post..... Do you agree with my input on Series ending finale ??
    Last edited by shaina; 04-06-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Damn, that's insightful.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Damn, that's insightful.
    I think it is a great comparison.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Well the rest of that post..... Do you agree with my input on Series ending finale ??

Season Ending Shows
    Breaking Bad - Good not great.
    Sopranos - Didn't follow the series as oddly New Jersey mobsters aren't high up on the list of things I find entertaining .As for the widely publicize ending,it probably seemed like a good idea at the time.Sometimes when you strive for art you wind up with the guy who wrapped stuff in plastic.
    Dexter - The show was on such a deep downward slope that I have to believe someone was intentionally trying to make it bad.
    Sons of Anarchy - See point about The Sopranos.I just don't do anti-heroes.
    Prison Break - First season was good but then it fell apart and I stopped watching.I think I remember that the ending evoked The Shawshank Redemption which undeciphered means I didn't think much of it but schoolboys everywhere were probably creaming their pants.
    Seinfeld - Really,really bad in a terrible sort of way.
    Two and a Half Men - Hate everything to do this that sort of show so only watched the Megan Fox part on YouTube.

Others that you didn't mention.
    Lost-Terrible but I sort of liked the shot of Jack and the dog symmetry thing.
    Californication- Terrible.Guys like Hank don't get happy endings.Maybe redemption but not happiness.
    Angel- Terrific.Hero also don't get to be happy as theirs is often a thankless task.
    (Famously) MASH - More of an anticlimax as the series was had already been tying up loose ends for a while.More nostalgic than anything.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Buffy. Buffy ended well.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    shaina's Avatar Poster

Season Ending Shows
    Sopranos - Didn't follow the series as oddly New Jersey mobsters aren't high up on the list of things I find entertaining .As for the widely publicize ending,it probably seemed like a good idea at the time.Sometimes when you strive for art you wind up with the guy who wrapped stuff in plastic.
    Sons of Anarchy - See point about The Sopranos.I just don't do anti-heroes.
    Two and a Half Men - Hate everything to do this that sort of show so only watched the Megan Fox part on YouTube.
    Others that you didn't mention.
    Californication- Terrible.Guys like Hank don't get happy endings.Maybe redemption but not happiness.
    (Famously) MASH - More of an anticlimax as the series was had already been tying up loose ends for a while.More nostalgic than anything.
    Californication - I thought the series was completely unrealistic , and funny as hell. And the ending was a too be continued ...... not a series ending finale.
    Mash - never caught my interest , I cant answer why , just couldn't get into it.
    Two and a Half Men - I don't know why you have such a hard on for this tv show. The show was funny as hell , but Charlie Sheen made it , so when he got kicked off you knew the show was in the toilet. When I rated the final ending show , it really ended at Charlie's funeral. And if you liked Californication , Two and a Half Men has the same type of humor.
    Lost- Didn't add to my list because I did watch the series.

Series I am watching again..
    All in the family
    The Jefferson's
    Starsky and Hutch- started and bored already may not finish
    Get Smart- My son wanted it to watch now I started
    Married with Children
    Unhappily Ever After

Do you have any suggestions on old tv shows to re- watch??

Buffy. Buffy ended well.
    Please tell me your Daughter filled you in on the show and ending??

Or were you saying Muffy?? Muffy ended well
    Last edited by shaina; 04-07-2015 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Two and a Half Men - I don't know why you have such a hard on for this tv show. The show was funny as hell , but Charlie Sheen made it , so when he got kicked off you knew the show was in the toilet. When I rated the final ending show , it really ended at Charlie's funeral.
    Puerile in the absolute worst sense of the word.A sex comedy with no sex.A leering piece of trash where the unfunny premise is repeated ad naseum in the absence of plot or growth.
    I hope that's clear enough.

On the other hand Buffy which you so easily ridicule dealt honestly with real human issues like friendship and loss.

As for old shows to watch, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and it's spin off Angel.Give it time and I'm sure in a totally not sure way that you'll find them worthwhile l Stephen Bochco's Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue.Kolchak the Night Stalker and the TV movies that predate it.Uneven but at times brilliant.The X'files stand alone episodes.The first season of Moonlighting - where Willis got his smartass start..The Wonder Years.St Elsewhere.JAG.Airwolf sort of cool if one note.ER.Twin Peaks again the first season.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast