Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Pc Is Stupid

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I think you take both CD units out.

Install the DVD burner and get a DVD player in there too.

That way you can do DVD to DVD copies without swapping discs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Of course now you'll need a crowbar in addition to a screwdriver....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Get a sledge hammer. Put a little persuasion into it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    You should keep the two you have and get a DVD RW plus a DVD ROM. Just buy a new case and cut the top off your old case with an acetylene torch, then weld it onto the new one. That way you'll have a groovy looking four drive setup. Send us the pics of your work.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Billy Dean, you are the Devil.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Take the cover off the top of the dvd burner.

Then you can laser weld the two cases together - a much neater job.

But you'll need mirrored safety goggles.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by •Balla•@24 November 2003 - 05:13
    well my pc is retarted...i got 2 slots and one is cd rom and one is cd writer

andi want a dvd rw but no slot to install it....should i like destroy the cd rom and install the dvd writer there or should i destroy the cd writer
    CAN U LIKE DO THIS HAVE THE CD ROM IN SALOT A AND HAVE THE CD ROM IN SLOT B THEN HAVE THE DVD+RW ON THE SIDE INSTEAD OF HAVING IT IN A SLOT

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Okay okay, im actually going to contribute to this thread. ( I was this close to just making a joke.

1. STOP USING CAPS.

2. There not slots, slots are more commonly referred to like the PCI, ISA, AGP slots on your motherboard, call them channels if you have to call them anything technical, seeing as how thats really what they are, on the IDE channels that it.

3. You have a CD burner, CD Rom and a DVD Burner. Your DVD burner and CD Burner can do the same thing that the CD Rom does, it has no specalized purpose that the others cant do, so remove the CD rom, make your CD-RW the Master for your channel, and the DVD burner your slave.

4. Oh btw, if you have only one hard drive, you can hook it all up that way, just putting one of them one the other channel. Yeah, its not done too often, but I know some bargain computers come shipped with one HD, and one CD burner, and there both on the same IDE channel. I guess they save one IDE ribbon cable that way, lol.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@24 November 2003 - 14:29
    2. There not slots, slots are more commonly referred to like the PCI, ISA, AGP slots on your motherboard, call them channels if you have to call them anything technical, seeing as how thats really what they are, on the IDE channels that it.
    i believe he's referring to the case's drive bays. i.e. can he leave an internal drive sitting on the desk, with the cables leading out of the case. i'd advise against that. it's not the safest thing to do, because CD-Roms and hard drives are pretty sensitive to magnetism and static electricity. you could hurt yourself or the equipment by doing that.

if you want an external drive then buy an external firewire or USB 2 drive, or get an internal drive and put it in an external container.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12