Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Will anyone ever attain 10K posts again?

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Naked Gun/Police Squad > Police Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Yes, but it wasn't Stallone's movie, was it. It was Caradine's movie, because Stallone wasn't even famous when he was in DR2000. It was one of those, 'before they were famous', moments.
    Plus Caridine is a prick ..... He stole Bruce Lee's concept of the series Kung Fu. I think it would have been a way bigger show if you had a Egg Roll travelling through the American West solving all the white mans problems. And if then adding subtitles for the non Chinese parts would have added to the home run it would have been.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    They are all good.... But I am talking about Police Academy Movie series 1-7

4. Lounge   -   #64
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    They are all good.... But I am talking about Police Academy Movie series 1-7
    Shirley, you only mean maybe Police Academy 1-3. Beyond that, and I was a teenage boy at the time, there wasn't much to gain from keeping up with the series.

Plus Caridine is a prick ..... He stole Bruce Lee's concept of the series Kung Fu. I think it would have been a way bigger show if you had a Egg Roll travelling through the American West solving all the white mans problems. And if then adding subtitles for the non Chinese parts would have added to the home run it would have been.
    Racist 'Murka was to blame. Caridine was just better 'suited' for the part since he was white. Bruce Lee also scared the piss out of everyone when he came on the scene as Kato.

Speaking of Caridine...lest we knot forget how he passed at the stroke of mid-night.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Speaking of Caridine...lest we knot forget how he passed at the stroke of mid-night.
    Ya found in a closet with a rope around his neck , In Bangkok of course. And with rumors he liked it rough.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Racist 'Murka was to blame. Caridine was just better 'suited' for the part since he was white. Bruce Lee also scared the piss out of everyone when he came on the scene as Kato.
    Ya Bruce was pretty scary with his black-eye facial mask.
    Use to give me nightmares watching the green hornet on Beta-max.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Shirley, you only mean maybe Police Academy 1-3. Beyond that, and I was a teenage boy at the time, there wasn't much to gain from keeping up with the series.
    It was a joke alternative Movie series , from banning any series with M-L G--SON , and if you watch movies 4-7 , you see how many actors started to get new rolls in movies or tv series.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Except that Kung Fu was as much about juxtapositioning Shaolin monk Caine's tranquility against the violence and I'm not getting much tranquility from Bruce Lee.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Except that Kung Fu was as much about juxtapositioning Shaolin monk Caine's tranquility against the violence and I'm not getting much tranquility from Bruce Lee.
    Since Caridine stole the role , we will never know the tranquility , or non violent side of Bruce (and I really don't give two shits about it anyways. LOL!!)

You can guarantee that if Bruce was the lead , the series would have lasted past the pilot instead of 3 seasons
    Last edited by shaina; 04-08-2015 at 07:00 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Be that as it may, captain dense almost has a point.

I mean, it was Bruce Lee's idea to begin with, which the company stole from him.

Carradine probably didn't know until later.

What the story was about, I'd say, would thus be up to Lee. TBH, I think I'd have preferred Lee in the role. I saw old reruns as a kid, and found Carradine both boring and really out of place.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast