Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else miss NZB matrix?

I kind of migrated since then and never found a home.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Yes great site, I miss it.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Long Gone but not forgotten, as virtually everything on usenet is now 'flying under the radar' in one fashion or another.

The one thing that has changed (so far) to the much better decent competition to Netflix/Bluray that carries a lot more 'hard to find' source discs, although at higher prices and longer ship times. (Hint: 3D-BluRayRental)

So even if one spies an excellent posted disc that is encrypted (but 'in the clear' naming convention) it is still usually found on rental.

And then again, there is still a wide variety of folks out there who still post totally 'in the clear' and can be found either by raking through the binary searchers or some of the better 'newznab' sites, or those who use some form of 'open' encryption (easily figured out etc).

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Yeah I miss it to such a shame, and so hard to get under the radar!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Yeah I find much better content as digital has expanded. I remember watching titles on my computer screen and people making fun of me for streaming.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Yes, I was free member set to the download limit of 10 nzb's a day, then as it was such a good site I paid to be a vip member and they shut down a few days later, I was still gutted!

Probably had the widest range of stuff on the net at the time and membership was open to all.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    If Nzbmatrix had survived it would not be that much better than any of the other Newznab sites out there. What changed was copyright holders stepping up enforcement. You would still have as many incomplete ,removed files, or my personal pet peeve, password or obfuscated files from people treating usenet as their personal file locker but forcing the entire network to carry the files.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Nah finding that the best updates are here even Newznab is way behind...

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    heavily missed!

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Well, with that 'enhanced enforcement' it's days were numbered, but especially when folks (who wanted their postings NOT be to targeted) began using various 'obfuscation' techniques; so that meant that either the site started 'de-coding' such (and then they get DMCA'd anyway) or go 'to the dark side'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast