Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Life on the Farm...

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I don't know how accurate this is because frankly as soon as things get personal I tune people out so I guess I'm basically you only less effete.
    One of Meg's birds or something got the cancer so they had to remove a breast.That's the bad news.The good news is at least it was white meat.
    Dion is transitioning into a man woman as transgender being all over the news lately he figures it's trendy and as a bonus nowhere near as stupid a thing to do as listening to electronic dance music.
    Mulder use to like girls but now he likes videogames so apparently he's aging in reverse like Benjamin Button.This might also explain his lack of height.
    The board grew a Jew.Hopefully in the not too distant future he will realize the point isn't about him being a Jew but rather about him being hung up on that fact.
    I moved briefly to Tangier but couldn't handle the lack of Starbucks so I moved back to Wawa.OK not actually Wawa but I just like saying it.
    Mary returned with some ridiculous idea that actual friendship can be transitory like love or wanting a good pork rib.I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that lack of commitment is why none of his relationships work out.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    The board grew a Jew.Hopefully in the not too distant future he will realize the point isn't about him being a Jew but rather about him being hung up on that fact.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Before there was Wawa, there was Sheetz, which is infinitely more fun to say. Regarding intimate relationships, I think cats have the right idea, I just have to figure out how to get people to stare at my butthole like it's a normal thing.

In any case, it's the usual, which means less studying. I lucked out.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Still working on that degree?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Before there was Wawa, there was Sheetz, which is infinitely more fun to say. Regarding intimate relationships, I think cats have the right idea, I just have to figure out how to get people to stare at my butthole like it's a normal thing.
    Try rubbing Cat Nip around it ... That should stir up things in the nether region

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I have no clever reply, so I'll just stick with honest disclosure.

Not anymore. However, I've already started my life as a doctor on a budget.

That means no degree, but I've been hired twice for PhD positions at a fraction of the cost. I don't mind though, for I'm just chasing interesting work, and I get enough money to finance my pursuits. I lost a lot as a result of that marriage and the subsequent escape from it, personally and financially, but I've since recovered.

All of my colleagues are much more disappointed than I am. I mentored them and helped them through their own graduations, but I am the only one from our lab that didn't finish in time (before our PI left the university). Despite that, we're still playing on a level post-scholastic field. In the end, I'm glad to have had that experience and make those connections. I remember the exact moment I had that realization. I was robbing the lab of supplies in the middle of the night (after having a cop assist me getting into the building #whiteprivilege), and when I closed my lab door, I turned around and saw a picture of all of us on our other lab door across the hall. I just started staring at it, and all of the regret and disappointment I was feeling up to that point just evaporated. I still stole the lab supplies; nobody else needed them.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Rofl

8. Lounge   -   #48
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I have no clever reply, so I'll just stick with honest disclosure.

Not anymore. However, I've already started my life as a doctor on a budget.

That means no degree, but I've been hired twice for PhD positions at a fraction of the cost. I don't mind though, for I'm just chasing interesting work, and I get enough money to finance my pursuits. I lost a lot as a result of that marriage and the subsequent escape from it, personally and financially, but I've since recovered.
    Sorry to hear that, but since you are moving forward, all is not lost. It does make me happy for you that you are pursuing your dream of emmigration.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    emmigration.
    Don't get too nice because it's emigration.

It did start with an intranational move, but I'm getting there. The next step is to sell my car, but I decided to get back into boxing while I'm here. I acquired a stand and heavy bag for $80 and a 7 hour round trip.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Sorry I didn't show the same concern as my ghey friend Meg but the thing about troubles is that everyone has them and I've always preferred the idea of a wake over a funeral.

Also not that this has anything to do with anything but are spies technically immigrants and if not is that why Led Zeppelin never wrote a James Bond soundtrack?
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast