Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Life on the Farm...

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Likely because it's after six in the morning and so you are drunk.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #122
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Oxycontin is a time released version of oxycodone. If regular oxys did nothing, this slow-release (24 hour) would do nothing.

Demerol stands a decent chance of success. So would hitting him on the head with a shovel, which most of us have plotted considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #123
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Likely because it's after six in the morning and so you are drunk.
    I don't know what you are talking about

4. Lounge   -   #124
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about
    I'm just gonna grab this for my siggy.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #125
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Oxycontin is a time released version of oxycodone. If regular oxys did nothing, this slow-release (24 hour) would do nothing.
    Demerol stands a decent chance of success. So would hitting him on the head with a shovel, which most of us have plotted considered.
    Close... Mr Pharmacist
    Oxycodone is the name of the actual opiate,oxycontin is a 12 hr sustained release form of oxycodone, and you need the minimum 10mg dosage for it to do that..
    Plus the older oxycontin have a different filler in them, and the new ones are designed to prevent you from crushing them and snorting or injecting. I only have the older ones and they are worth 3 times the price on the street. And I tried the slow release medical patches also, but I didn't like them at all

And if they don't affect you in any way, then either you are a cancer patient or you are a junkie and had to up the doses. First time I took it (1 10mg pill), I was still in so much pain I took another one about a half hour later... and I can tell you it was a very big mistake , and when I finally start to feel the pain again and I was scared to take another one before 8hrs, my wife told me to either lock yourself in the bedroom or go sleep in the cabana(it was winter), I became such a bastard, I didn't take them for long. I rather take 4 Percocet's and have my stomach rot then have that feeling all the time. I can see why people get addicted so easy to them..

And one thing I can tell you.... If you take any meds like that and you have signs of being high, you are not in any pain, you are using them for a different purpose..
    Two of my friends had multiple back operations(like I am supposed to have) and one use to take 2 60mg every 12hrs(that's just crazy pain!!) and acted completely normal. And he did that for months and slowly weaned off of them. and now they both don't crave nor take them at all (pain free)...

If my wife had easy access to the metal shovels in the winter, she probably would have used it on me.....
    Last edited by shaina; 09-10-2015 at 01:46 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #126
    I was on 60mg of morphine twice a day for 3 1/2 years. I also had 4x 10mg oxy's for the latter half of that time. I'm off and happy to not be living with that anymore.

7. Lounge   -   #127
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I was on 60mg of morphine twice a day for 3 1/2 years. I also had 4x 10mg oxy's for the latter half of that time. I'm off and happy to not be living with that anymore.
    I am not getting into a match that my pain if worse than yours... But my back is really fucked(pain goes to my legs and I don't know to sit or stand), and I just use different ways for temporary relief.. The doctors give me a less than 50% success(up to 6-7 operations) in fixing the problem and high chance I may not walk again, so I use that as motivation to up my pain tolerance to avoid going under the knife.
    But if it came to the point where I had to take what you did, my choice might be a little different

Heating pads
    Ice
    Tense Machines
    Stretching Machines
    Acupuncture
    Pain meds
    Pain meds with Alcohol (to try to make me pass out for relief!!)
    Some exercise/stretching
    Wife pushes in the 2 vertebrae that pop out and rub some sort of cream preferably with codeine or aspirin in it
    Inflammation meds

But the biggest is to think positive and try to avoid paralyses(end up in a wheel chair).
    So far all of this is working...

And before I would do anything that involves opening me up I would fly to the Mayo Clinic to get another opinion..

And I am glad you are off all of that shit!!!
    Last edited by shaina; 09-10-2015 at 03:14 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #128
    The worst of it was the 2 1/2 years when doctors wouldn't give me anything because I couldn't pay for endless tests. I shut myself off from the world I was in so much pain. Fortunately, time did heal me (mostly). My hands and feet are still numb from a variety of pinched nerves, but life is tolerable without the narcos.

I, too, went through every conceivable fix-it. Hung upside down. TENS unit. Ice. Heat. Ambien. Back massagers. Muscle relaxers. Chiropractor. New beds. Back braces. Stretching. Your wife giving me massages...

9. Lounge   -   #129
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    The worst of it was the 2 1/2 years when doctors wouldn't give me anything because I couldn't pay for endless tests. I shut myself off from the world I was in so much pain. Fortunately, time did heal me (mostly). My hands and feet are still numb from a variety of pinched nerves, but life is tolerable without the narcos.
    I, too, went through every conceivable fix-it. Hung upside down. TENS unit. Ice. Heat. Ambien. Back massagers. Muscle relaxers. Chiropractor. New beds. Back braces. Stretching. Your wife giving me massages...
    I never in my life would trust a Chiropractor nor a naturopath and I remember the days of having 2 tense machines on at once (4 pads on one and the other connected to the acupuncture needles), but all in all it is just temporary relief. But it was a lot better than taking all those pills, and now since I am semi retarded the stress on my body is not as constant as it was when I worked and I used to wear the Dr. Ho(my friend owns the sell rights for Canada) when I was carpet cleaning....And I can now tell you I really feel my age .

And here you don't pay for the tests, but the doctors are all scared to give scripts for narcos (great series by the way), for fear of loosing there license, but I have a few friends that are doctors that write me scripts for small amounts at a time if I really need them.
    Here they push the knife and then pain management...But I am not ready yet

And I am glad you are feeling better/relief...
    But I can tell you if I did the work you did on the apartment for your future feast, I would have been out for a few days
    You are really blessed for that....
    Last edited by shaina; 09-10-2015 at 10:06 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #130
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I forgot Hash every once and a while .....