Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788899097 ... LastLast

Thread: BitTorrent Trackers DOWN or BACK UP

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Gft still down

2. BitTorrent   -   #862
    Ex-Aradi VIP
    BTN still down, getting nervous now.....

3. BitTorrent   -   #863
    CG has now hit with a DDOS as well. They're encouraging their members to keep calm. But most of them are stoned, so that was their first inclination anyway.

Seriously, though, hoping it's back up soon. Solid gold.

4. BitTorrent   -   #864

5. BitTorrent   -   #865
    Ex-Aradi VIP
    BTN back up. Yeah

6. BitTorrent   -   #866
    CG is back up (if anyone can see this; it looks like my post announcing that it had been DDOS-attacked wasn't approved for some reason)! Man, that didn't take long at all. Just another reason I love those guys.

7. BitTorrent   -   #867
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post
    Now ptp is down and ftn, btn and whatcd are still a no go.
    ARGH! Getting very anxious.

8. BitTorrent   -   #868
    A lot of the sites being attacked use CloudFlare, a sort of huge RAM cloud backup that helps to deflect the dDos attacks. Some manage to be available intermittently during the attacks. Some do not. Some don't have this backup, and are knocked out right away. Some have simply shut down during the attacks.
    Give yourselves a laugh by seeing this guy posing as the attacker and trying to blackmail WhatCD : https://twitter.com/Sil3ntlyKilling
    Fatal01

9. BitTorrent   -   #869
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal01 View Post
    Give yourselves a laugh by seeing this guy posing as the attacker and trying to blackmail WhatCD : https://twitter.com/Sil3ntlyKilling
    BitTorrent is serious business.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #870
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    BitTorrent is serious business.
    I agree. My pastime and enjoyment have been seriously curbed these last few days, and I am not happy about it, but that convo brought a smile

But also, how often do you have to tell folk what's going on? They still keep coming back and saying my torrent is going red, or I can't get into the forum, or this or that site is down, even after you've told them time and time again that there is a general dDos attack going on that is affecting many sites, not just theirs. Yes, they should leave their torrents running, but no, they should not keep updating them. If they can't log into the site, there's a good chance the tracker is down. If they can log in, there's a good chance the tracker will be up. Yes, they may lose seed time and seed bonus if applicable. Yes, they may be falsely accused of H&R, but the staff are aware of this....

So a little light relief is always welcome, no?
    Fatal01