Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. what.cd

Mehhhh, that sucks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #132
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    So what's supposed to be the next What, xanax? Gotta love that benzo name...

Wish I would have used up that buffer at What. Or at least snatched what was in my bookmarks.

3. BitTorrent   -   #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    So what's supposed to be the next What, xanax?
    Too many of them

apollo.rip (xanax)
    notwhat.cd
    nostre.am
    passtheheadphones.me

I think this is escaped resources organized by moderators. Now and then there appear old releasers with what.cd
    It's like a workout. I think the what.cd will return quietly, without Publicity for the same domain in the next year. Just need to periodically check the old address. I do not lose hope

4. BitTorrent   -   #134
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Kinda sad that at least three of those you mention have no ambition or imagination beyond being a What.cd clone.

I got an invite to PtH, out of sheer dumb curiosity and when I logged in for the first time it was literally like being on What again.

Most bt-type people would look at that as good thing but What.cd never was a very good place for the average, normal, sane person like myself who just liked music and didn't get all spastic about everything having to be "perfect" 24 bit FLAC and spending half your life uploading a ton of shite albums to try and maintain a ratio.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #135
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

..........the average, normal, sane person like myself who just liked music and didn't get all spastic about everything having to be "perfect" 24 bit FLAC and spending half your life uploading a ton of shite albums to try and maintain a ratio.
    Reminds me of a post i saw elsewhere not too long ago.
    lol at the faggots wasting their life trying to keep up with multiple trackers and climbing their classes.

6. BitTorrent   -   #136
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #137
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by aoshivx View Post
    Reminds me of a post i saw elsewhere not too long ago.
    lol at the faggots wasting their life trying to keep up with multiple trackers and climbing their classes.
    I saw them referred to as the Cult of What...I like this and will probably start using it.

They really are still stuck back in Oink mode when most people had adsl and few had even heard of seedboxes which was a time that was ripe for a hard ratio site. The Cultists have no intention of changing and are stuck in that 2005 mindset. As idol says they are trying to recreate What and this alone is scary, recreate their Cults temple, and if you challenge the belief of the Cult you are an enemy of the Cult.

On the other hand, I buffered pth and apollo up so will never need to worry about ratio on them. Works for me.

One of the big changes is in the fact that there is currently not the same monopoly that What had and I hope it stays this way as it will be better for casual users who are able to move between them for the best deal, the best bang for their upload buck.
    LSS #1

8. BitTorrent   -   #138
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    hmm so I've already hit the whatcd standard prereqs for "elite" on Apollo.rip, in terms of uploads (50 in perfect flacs so it can't be disputed to be mutt rips), and upload data (250 gigs). wonder if that's enough proof for PTH axx.

i mean who the hell keeps screenshots of their whatcd stats to prove they were former Elite+, unless they are traders or weirdos. I'm sure my proof on xanax is more reputable right???
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 12-04-2016 at 07:10 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #139
    1000possibleclaws, I registered at all four sites and all required profiles and screenshots of the picture uTorrent with albums.

10. BitTorrent   -   #140
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus_lt View Post
    1000possibleclaws, I registered at all four sites and all required profiles and screenshots of the picture uTorrent with albums.
    http://pastebin.com/raw/aPE2FtLv

rip i have no screenshots of whatcd
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 12-04-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast