Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera

I agree, and it is fundamentally important that technological freedom be fought for.
    techno-freedom?
    go ask ted!!
    http://www.panix.com/~clays/Una/
    imho i disagree with the notion of suing, i think we could get more done outside the confines of "normal "law. maybe civil disobedience, or outright revolution , but trying to play the law game against the people who wrote the rules.....

2. Music   -   #42
    Just for fun, here are some quick links
    right off google about ppl suing them

Negativeland suing the RIAA

Webcasters suing them...

Kazaa suing the RIAA?

Web casters again.... sue the riaa.

Scientists suing them !!!

The RIAA amnesty program suit

Now to compensate artists here is a good thought: a paypal tip-jar ...

Tipjar idea

Courtney Love's speech about artists paychecks.. this is interesting
    Courtney Loves speech

and finally what the RIAA has to say about dl copyrighted songs:
    Music united website

3. Music   -   #43
    Originally posted by furmansk@6 December 2003 - 02:44
    hey guys im new on here like posting wise but i wanted to ask a question about this stuff. Ok so if i get a file that is all high pitched noises and all does that mean that the RIAA has gotten my IP and is tracking me? If so ive had some of those files cause my friends come over and d/l stuff with out askin me. But i just wanted to ask. And now the RIAA has made about 41 lawsuits about the p2p stuff i read in the paper which sucks but thats 41 out of 4,000,000 people at least. So its like 41 down alot more to go lol .
    I love this guy

But really, is RIAA servers the *real* reason for the problem? Are there really 1000's of servers out there serving every possible song with mostly garbage bits in it?

I've read through *a lot* of this thread - it's freaking long so I didn't read all of it -but after all that I didn't see anyone who actually had any conclusions about it.

4. Music   -   #44
    50 cents sucks anyway,man

5. Music   -   #45
    Today, in Holland high court has declared Kazaa legal , lucky me.

6. Music   -   #46
    B.t.w Obie Trice sux 2.

7. Music   -   #47
    well... this is still my united states of WHATEVER!!!!

8. Music   -   #48
    To find out which song has the screetching noise before downloading...look at the quality of the song. if it isn't standard quality (for example 56kbps, 128 kbps, 192 kbps, 256 kbps are the common quality mp3 files) then do not download.

for example, if you download (Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom) and the quality is 178 kbps, then do not download. instead download another one that has a quality that is 128 kbps.

sorry, i can't make it any more clear, if any problems, reply back to me. THANKS!

9. Music   -   #49
    BANNED
    i just download like 10 of the same song at the same time and listen to all of them until i find one that works

10. Music   -   #50
    BANNED
    Originally posted by aznxassassian@22 December 2003 - 04:23
    To find out which song has the screetching noise before downloading...look at the quality of the song. if it isn't standard quality (for example 56kbps, 128 kbps, 192 kbps, 256 kbps are the common quality mp3 files) then do not download.

for example, if you download (Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom) and the quality is 178 kbps, then do not download. instead download another one that has a quality that is 128 kbps.

sorry, i can't make it any more clear, if any problems, reply back to me. THANKS!

i have more problems with the standard quality ones then the ones like 185 or whatever

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast