Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera

BANNED
    It seems like its getting harder and harder to find music that doesn't have screaching sounds or like im getting now no sound at all hopefully this nex client will help this problem

2. Music   -   #82
    Poster
    Hello there.
    I have read the whole topic discussion and i will try to pick up the basic points. After that i will state my opinion, which is probably shared with many of my fellow peers.

-Everyone hates the RIAA because they think that the RIAA is somehow corrupting the audio data on mp3's (primarily), and the data changes

-The strange noises are DEFINETLY and DOUBTLESSLY NOT random. I believe that the 'corrupters' have some sort of program that corrupts songs in a common way, and that adds professionaly mixed loops, made by music pro's.

-RIAA doesn't seem to understand that the world of music has changed. If any of those 'desk-musicians' at RIAA know what 'art' is, they would know that Music is one of the 7 arts. Now: Art was born and it was intended to be FREE, and it was made by man for man to admire. Not for Man to pay for it. Anyone who knows what a real artist is, knows that they do it for the art, not for the money.
    (Britney spears, madonna and that kind of interpreters are NOT artists. They are products of marketing and publicity). The world has changed. If anyone has read 'Who moved my cheese?' will undestand the importance of change in the world. The record industry has earned millions scince they invended recordings, and now they are ina crisis, if they dont adapt to change, evolve, they will get extinct.

-This is all about money. It is obvious and clear that the so called 'RIAA' is in this all for money. I can say that the most POPular songs are corrupted, because they are the money makers. Mostly music that is in the charts, (billboard and stuff like that) is what more people download and that means less millions for them. They dont give a f*ck about the poor, they dont give a f*uck about us, they want our money. If you dont have a high income or you have your mind cleared of ads, you dont buy cd's. But aslong as there are people that buy their expensive cd's, they wont care. They have never done.

-I live in Mexico. I believe its the country with the 3rd place in piracy and copyright violations in the world. Now, if you guys pay about $20USD for a CD, I pay WAY more. But, i have never bought a CD, even before P2P networks existed. Its not that i didnt have the money, its about common sense. I see a CD at the store for $300MXP and i see it in the street for $10MXP (thats like a dollar, or less...), its about common sense. We know the quality is the same, and that we are making jobs for MILLIONS of people that live outta this copied cd industry. There are tons of ads on TV that say 'Dont buy copied, you make them lose their jobs...' I read on a CD once, 'Music piracy takes money from those who have the most, and helps those who have the least. Thanks for your preference'. I dont know you, but i have common sense. Sure i do. BTW, in Mexico you can find almost everything copied and very cheap. Its incredible. They even have better quality than the original at great prices. Of course ur not paying the Ronnaldo, shakira, Bspears, aguilera salarys for those commercials. I dont buy a Pepsi because i saw shakira on it. bought it cuz it tastes good.

This is a world wide problem. and i belive resisting the siege of the RIAA is the best thing we can do for now. If anyone has the crazed *ss idea to sue them, its almost a lost case. There are billions of dollars on that case, and i dont think that you could ever win...

Keep the resistance up. If they created a prog. to corrupt their songs that they promote themselves, we can make something to clean them up.

Its also contradictory how they hate p2p, because every song on any network was once ripped from a store-bought cd. Its not stolen music after all.
    (Dont come to me saying that someone didnt pay for the rights. Thats bull, and all the music copied is for personal use. Not for commercial or public transmision, or distribution.)

I want to hear your comments! Thanks.

3. Music   -   #83
    BigD_Gtwn
    Are you guys sure that the screechy songs are put out by the RIAA? I remember reading that a Princeton student was sued over this paper: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jhalderm/cd3/ which describes the proccess to easily circumvent the copyright protection on some new CD's. The CD's were intended to be uncopyable by most PC's but the student discovered by holding th shift key while inserting the disc prevented the copyright driver from loading and enabled full copying ability.

So, my question is: are the screechy songs truely on the RIAA's servers (considering K-lite++ has that IP blocker, although i don't really know what it does) or are these songs tainted at the consumer level where the ripping takes place?

Where did the info that the songs belong to the RIAA come from in the first place? was it just a rumor that was repeated so many times it became fact?

Take care

Derek

PS Superdude: where the hell do you find high quality copies in mexico? when i go all i find is crap.

4. Music   -   #84
    Poster
    I think we all asume that when we say 'RIAA' we mean not only the real Recording industry of america Asoc., I think we are talking about all Copyrights asociations. Scince they are the ones afected by p2p networks it is obvious that they are doing it. But It could also be some sort of failure in the network. But thats improbable bcuz it would have been fixed already by the developers. Also, even tho all those ip's have been banned, only someone with lots of resources would keep the fight up. I dont suppose we are all rich, but we are many many users.

PS. Derek:: You can find them outside every single Metro Station, Bus Stations, outside schools, marketplaces, etc. Where things are not formal, you can find almost everything. This is in mexico city if i didnt mention it... Oh yeah. I buy my cd's from some guy that sells them outside my highschool. I just bought myself the new Sesto Sento CD, 'The Bright Side' It costed me 20 pesos thats like 1.75USD, and its great! It costs over 400 pesos in the stores and it costs like 20Euros to get it from europe.

5. Music   -   #85
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu

Spoiler: Show

6. Music   -   #86
    GUYS !

FIRST OF ALL, AS MUCH AS I'VE SEEN RIAA IT'S F***ING UP MAINLY THE NEW SONGS AND SOME OF THE BEST OF OLD SONGS. BUT NOT ONLY.

IT'S SIMPLE TO FIND SONGS WITHOUT ANY SCREECHING IF U FOLLOW SOME SIMPLE RULES.

FIRST OF ALL DOWNLOAD THE SAME SONG AT DIFFERENT BITRATES (THE BEST ONES ARE ABOVE 160KBS) AND DIFFERENT VERSIONS (SIZES,NAMES) OF THE SAME SONG. ONCE U HAVE LET'S SAY 5 VERSIONS OF THE SAME SONG CHECK THEM AND SEE WITH ONE IS THE GOOD ONE. DON'T WAIT A DAY OR A WEEK TO CHECK THEM BECAUSE IN THAT TIME O LOT OF PEOPLE MIGHT DOWNLOAD THE SCREECHY VERSION FROM YOU. IF I HAVE TROUBLE FINDING THE GOOD VERSION OF THAT SONG I GO AND DWNLOAD VERSIONS WITH LESS USERS AND I KEEP ON DOWNLOADING UNTIL I FIND THE GOOD ONE. AND I [B]ALWAYS FIND WORKING VERSIONS OF ANY SONGS THAT IT OUT THERE[B]. ANY SONG. AND I DOWNLOADED I THINK MANY THOUSANDS OF SONGS SINCE KAZAA STARTED !

- PLEEEEASE! CHECK YOUR DOWNLOADS AND ERASE THE BAD ONES.

- PLEEEEASE! CHECK THE MOVIES U R DWLDING WITH AVIPREVIEW AND IF U HAVE DOWNLOADED MOVIES CHECK THEM AND IF THEY ARE FAKES RENAME THEM OR DELETE THEM ! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAASE ! I'M SO SICK OF SO MANY KAZAA USERS WHO KEEP ON SHARING FAKES OR SCREECHY SONGS. IT'S SO SIMPLE TO DETECT FAKE MOVIES EVEN BEFORE U START DOWNLOADING. JUST LOOK AT THE LENGHT ON THE MOVIE, LET'S SAY IT'S 1 HOUR AND 41 MINUTES. GO TO IMBD.COM AND CHECK THE REAL LENGHT OF THE MOVIE. IF IT'S APROX THE SAME ( +OR- 2 OR 3 MINUTES) U FOUND THE REAL COPY OF THAT MOVIE. WHY R U WASTING DAYS AND DAYS DOWNLOADING FAKES WHEN FROM THE BEGINING U CAN SEE THAT THEY ARE FAKES. PLEEEEASE ! CHECK YOUR MOVIES !

- PLEEEASE ! RIAA IT'S SMALL. LET'S SAY IT HAS 1000 COMPUTERS SHARING SCREECHY SONGS. BUT THERE ARE AT LEAST 3 MILION PEOPLE USING KAZAA EVERY DAY. IF WE KEEP ON DELETING THE SCREECHY SONGS FROM OUR COMPUTER WE WILL DEFEAT RIAA !PLEASE SAVE KAZAA.

+ THIS PART IS FOR THE MOTHER FU**ERS FROM RIAA :
    ARE U FU**ING STUPID. DON'T U KNOW THAT THERE ARE MILIONS OF KAZAA USERS OUTSIDE USA ? DON'T U KNOW THAT YOUR FILTHY HANDS CAN'T GO AS FAR AS RUSSIA, ROMANIA, MEXICO, CHILE AND A BUNCH OF OTHER COUNTRIES.
    KAZAA WILL LIVE FOREVER AND THERE IS NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT !

FU** YOU RIAA. MSN, AOL, COMCAST SUCKS !!
    SBC DSL ROCKS !

7. Music   -   #87
    n00b
    I've been getting sabotaged files for over a year now.I read several months ago that various artists and their respective labels have been hiring "puter folks to pollute the net with as many as they can.Seems that THEY are getting desperate to try and put a dent in the p2p family of programs.I usually do a search then hover my cursor over the files to read whatever info I can about the file.Alot of times the "screeching" files have a bandwith of "1".Also,sometimes you can read the filename and spot a trend in the search results.Sometimes you just gotta do a little extra work.

8. Music   -   #88
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Guitar&#045;Slinger@21 January 2004 - 01:13

riaa is taking lessons from mccarthy.... :helpsmile:
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. Music   -   #89
    assamees
    the tutorials are closed why?

10. Music   -   #90
    Out of The Ordinary
    Unpinned this topic, nobody talks about screeching sounds anymore anyway AFAICS. Maybe someone can make a better topic with information about screeching song files, and maybe pin that one instead.

Please contact GS for that

BOT

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast