Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Polls - Let Members Create Them

BANNED
    Originally posted by 7thElement@29 November 2003 - 10:07
    It was not an attack against young people cause some 14 yo guys act already like olders. I just don't want to give people which know this board longer more privileges than new members.

I just think that new members should have the same rights like Sr. members because posts don't say anything about quality or about a person.
    lol some of those people that have 5000 posts haha who knows how many are spam posts is there anyway to make like a quota like mabe a max or 2 polls a week per member?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by 7thElement@29 November 2003 - 02:07
    It was not an attack against young people cause some 14 yo guys act already like olders. I just don't want to give people which know this board longer more privileges than new members.

I just think that new members should have the same rights like Sr. members because posts don't say anything about quality or about a person.
    I agree totally with that, but i beleve that polls should be aloud in the Lounge atleast, becuase all it is in there is spam. So there's no reason to bering up the fact that people would spam it.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Originally posted by RapFan+29 November 2003 - 02:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RapFan @ 29 November 2003 - 02:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-7thElement@29 November 2003 - 10:07
    It was not an attack against young people cause some 14 yo guys act already like olders. I just don&#39;t want to give people which know this board longer more privileges than new members.

I just think that new members should have the same rights like Sr. members because posts don&#39;t say anything about quality or about a person.
    lol some of those people that have 5000 posts haha who knows how many are spam posts is there anyway to make like a quota like mabe a max or 2 polls a week per member? [/b][/quote]
    That is not in the Admin CP so it would not be posible.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+29 November 2003 - 10:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 29 November 2003 - 10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-7thElement@29 November 2003 - 02:07
    It was not an attack against young people cause some 14 yo guys act already like olders. I just don&#39;t want to give people which know this board longer more privileges than new members.

I just think that new members should have the same rights like Sr. members because posts don&#39;t say anything about quality or about a person.
    I agree totally with that, but i beleve that polls should be aloud in the Lounge atleast, becuase all it is in there is spam. So there&#39;s no reason to bering up the fact that people would spam it. [/b][/quote]
    that not a bad idea either i mean if a mod feels a poll is worthy of another forum they can just move it

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Poster
    Well I could name you a few more reasons why the current setup is good.

1.) Mod&#39;s won&#39;t just deny a poll for no reason
    2.) Mod&#39;s know if a similar poll does exist already
    3.) Some people can&#39;t abuse polls to spam their websites (Ex: What do you think about my latest updates on www.somesite.com
    4.) Not every poll idea is really worth a poll (or do you want 100 members to ask "Do you think i&#39;m sexy")

I did never hear about an issue that members did complain about mods not adding a poll which means that our mods do a great job so why change working rules if there are no problems at all.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+29 November 2003 - 03:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith &#064; 29 November 2003 - 03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>RapFan, titey is a cool guy, theres no reason to not like him.[/b]

Thanks Smithy, but I think Rapless was just kidding around....
    • ....same as I do, when I dis him.

<!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smith
    @29 November 2003 - 03:58
    (Do you want 100 members to ask "Do you think i&#39;m sexy")[/quote]
    That depends on the gender of the member an&#39; what sort of photos are presented.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Originally posted by 7thElement@29 November 2003 - 02:16
    Well I could name you a few more reasons why the current setup is good.

1.) Mod&#39;s won&#39;t just deny a poll for no reason
    2.) Mod&#39;s know if a similar poll does exist already
    3.) Some people can&#39;t abuse polls to spam their websites (Ex: What do you think about my latest updates on www.somesite.com
    4.) Not every poll idea is really worth a poll (or do you want 100 members to ask "Do you think i&#39;m sexy")

I did never hear about an issue that members did complain about mods not adding a poll which means that our mods do a great job so why change working rules if there are no problems at all.
    Good point, i agree. I was just going along with the idea to see if it would happen. I am glad you contribute, and not get get mad at the pestering. :beerchug:

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    no no polls for members it will get insane

and if it happened to be a serious poll outside the lounge it could debate and turn into flame

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    How bout we alow the polls, but we get rid of the button, so you wont be able to make a poll. Aleast you know you could if the button was there.

LAME

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+29 November 2003 - 05:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 29 November 2003 - 05:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-7thElement@29 November 2003 - 01:52
    posts worth more and they are already worth too much (to some people at least).
    MM

@RapFan, titey is a cool guy, theres no reason to not like him.

@7thElement, did you get my PM, it is still happen. Accualy as i posted it happened. [/b][/quote]
    emmm that was uncalled for,

we have figured out what people like befor without polls, you know that, sure there is not an exact # but for example when we did norton or mcafee in software, there was a lot of answers and it took me about 2 minutes to count and figure out which one had won

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast