Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Hope Somebody Else Goes To The Moon

BANNED
    So the spin doctors said to Dubya, "If we don't get your popularity up, you won't get another term." So Dubya asks how come that womanising arsehole Kennedy was so popular, even 40 years after he's dead. "He sent man to the moon", was the reply. "Well fuck it." said Dubya, "We'll send someone there too, in fact, we'll fucking keep 'em there!" "Yes boss."

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    And, sadly, it probably went something like that.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by j2k4+3 December 2003 - 06:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 3 December 2003 - 06:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kAb@3 December 2003 - 02:06
    Because I want to see if the U.S. was not BS&#39;ing when they went to the moon.

I realize it is silly for Russia, because of their economic and political problems. But what about Japan or China? How close are they to putting a man on the moon?

I just think its ridiculous that the U.S. put a satellite and then a man on the moon in what, 10 years?&nbsp;
    kAb-

We went to the Moon to see what was there.

We haven&#39;t kept our findings secret.

Going to the Moon was, and still is, an expensive proposition.

Any country willing to piss away that kind of cash these days would, I think, be doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Still, you may get your wish.... [/b][/quote]
    Americans going to the moon was not largely of scientific curiousity, it was just a way for americans to show off their egos to the Russians and the rest of the world how powerful they were in science, politics, military, and economics.

I really hate it when some comedian like Jay Leno makes jokes about it, like, hey didn&#39;t we do that already xx years ago? and ppl laughs??

i mean wtf? what&#39;s so funny about it? It&#39;s like americans used to look down on other races countries and nationalities like they were inferior.

it&#39;s pathetic. I think we should all be happy for those countries like China striving for scientific excellence and they WILL put a man on the moon someday.

PS there was some speculation that americans going to the moon was just a really really big and expensive "hollywood" operation. Not yet confirmed lol

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I guess you could ask Neil Armstrong, provided he isn&#39;t a CIA puppet.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    Human beings going to the moon was one of the major achievements in the history of mankind. It is put in perspective when one thinks that decades later, with such enormous strides forward in technology it is still so difficult to do.

It was an incredible leap forward. I for one am proud of mankind having achieved this.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@6 December 2003 - 08:52
    Human beings going to the moon was one of the major achievements in the history of mankind. It is put in perspective when one thinks that decades later, with such enormous strides forward in technology it is still so difficult to do.

It was an incredible leap forward. I for one am proud of mankind having achieved this.
    J&#39;Pol-

How dare you feel pride in the hoax we perpetrated on the rest of the world for want of a feeling of superiority.

Neil Armstrong didn&#39;t mean to use the word "Mankind"; it was a slip-of-the-tongue.

You, sir, are a usurping interloper.

At least, you are by logical extension of james_bond&#39;s suspect, um.......oh, never mind.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    Did you just call me a surprising antelope.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@6 December 2003 - 17:27
    Did you just call me a surprising antelope.

Sir-

Are you momentarily undone by my polysyllabism?

I must learn to forego such self-indulgence.

BTW-Your antelope is boggling my ocularity.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    I call your polysyllabism (if it were a word, though I accept polysyllabic, so to reject your use would be churlish) and raise you a sesquipedalianism (affording myself the same linguistic licence).

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@6 December 2003 - 18:00
    I call your polysyllabism (if it were a word, though I accept polysyllabic, so to reject your use would be churlish) and raise you a sesquipedalianism (affording myself the same linguistic licence).
    Just so-

To object would be anispeptic, frasmodic, and just plain mean&#33;

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast