Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Test Drive Anonx For Free (10 Days)

Originally posted by Sparkle1984@9 December 2003 - 23:46
    TD

But surely for that $5.95 a month you may just as well use a regulated site like ITunes or something? So what's the point?
    [/quote]
    Well for me, I don't download music. Just movies and software.

I have joined a movie site, but they do not provide downloads, only streaming. The streaming is awful. Many of the movies you get there you cannot even tell who the actors are if you do not allready know in advance who is in it

If and when they offer a high quality stream, I will more then likely download almost exclusively from them. I have absolutely no problem with paying(as long as the prices do not exceed $5.00 for a new release for a few days use. I would be more then willing to pay say $50.00 a month for unlimited access), but cannot agree with paying for a product that is below the standards of even the worst cam job.

I have contacted them on this and they have replied that they are working on a direct download system. No timeline was given though.

Belive me, I would rather be completely legal about this, but right now they do not offer a product even close to what you can get through p2p.

The only thing I would miss about moving away from p2p is the people I have met. I would still need to be a part of the forums.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    @anonxo

I have a concern/question.

Yesterday my computer went offline and reconnected. I checked to see if I was still behind the proxy and was.

Today the same thing happened so I didn't worry about it.

But I was reading another forum that was discussing proxies and how to check your ip withvarious sites and clicked on the to see hoe they would fare in the test results. Each site came up with my correct ip.

I then re-started anonx because I remembered that I had briefly disconnected. Then I re-checked those sites and they all came up with the proxy ip.

I have checked through the dialer and saw under properties/options that the redial if line is dropped was checked.

Have I missed something? For some reason anonx did not reconnect. This will be a big issue for those of us who stay online 24/7. Anything I can do besides babyset my computer?

Thanks, TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Double Agent
    i did a test on that, setting it to reconnect after 1 sec for 100 times

deliberately disconnecting anonx and 1 sec later it jumped right back to the server and bt clicked right in

it was monkey in action!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    got the email with the username and password. Go to the website, click on download anox v1.1 and takes me to the registration page. No software download! thre isnt a page to log in help me please

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by Catracho@10 December 2003 - 00:28
    got the email with the username and password. Go to the website, click on download anox v1.1 and takes me to the registration page. No software download! thre isnt a page to log in help me please
    Go to...
    Find Out More -->> Support -->> Click Here.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Retired
    why paying??? I will never pay for filesharing

ok Kazaa is dieing.. so you all ganna pay for filesharing?

Just try IRC... you cannot be cought there by the RIAA/MPAA....

to what does Anonx connect? same as kazaa?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    "to what does Anonx connect? same as kazaa?"

Sorry {I}{K}{E}, but have you read any of the posts refering to this service??

This is a proxy server that can be used with any ( so far as we can tell) p2p program. Yes you have to pay, but it is so that you can remain relatively safe when sharing.

There are ways that are free to HELP protect you like peergaurdian, but you gotta rely on others to give an up to date, correct database of ip's to block. Then you gotta keep it up to date.

This, you just turn on and forget. No modifying anything or anything(only exception I am aware of is that for some people, you may need to turn down the strength of your firewall while connecting anonx. But after it is connected, just return your settings to normal). Just turn on and your good. Unless someone really wants to get YOU, you can share without fear of your ip getting out.

As far as not being able to get caught with IRC. Do you have any proof? Really, I would like to know. I know it is safer because you only connect to one person. But who is to say it is not the wrong person?

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Retired
    By Joining a Channel you agree that you are not in any way affiliated with any government,police,ANTI-Piracy Group,RIAA,MPAA, or any other related group, and that means that you CANNOT enter this channel. By Entering you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 :::: of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995. And My Not threaten or Prosecute anyone in a channel

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    I've seen that before. But will it hold up? If so, wouldn't it be an easy thing to put this diclaimer on every p2p app. out there? Just have it pop up every single time you start the program?

I wonder how well that would hold up in court?

Would be great if it could.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@10 December 2003 - 15:33
    By Joining a Channel you agree that you are not in any way affiliated with any government,police,ANTI-Piracy Group,RIAA,MPAA, or any other related group, and that means that you CANNOT enter this channel. By Entering you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 :::: of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995. And My Not threaten or Prosecute anyone in a channel
    FYI:

Disclaimers don't do anything to protect you... Inform yourself by reading:

http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast