Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Can They Shut Down K++ Klite Users? Heres How

Sharedholder has a great point: why would Sharman bother attacking the suppliers of the software if tehy could simply shut down access to its users.

The only reason I can think of is that it might be a PR thing: if they make this big showing, people will know WHY their KL doenst work and might download the real Kazaa.

Anyone have any insight into wheter or not this plan to phase out the KL clients will work?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Member BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by sharedholder@8 December 2003 - 18:09
    Sharman is a fuckin delirious liar.If this is really true, then why would Sharman go to such great lengths to seek out and close down all K-Lite download sites, as well as search engines that might direct a surfer to such a download site? So, despite their claim, it looks like Sharman believes that they will be unable to shut out K-lite from the FT network or prevent K-lite from becoming a separate competing network.
    I would have to agree.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by sharedholder@8 December 2003 - 19:09
    Sharman is a fuckin delirious liar.If this is really true, then why would Sharman go to such great lengths to seek out and close down all K-Lite download sites, as well as search engines that might direct a surfer to such a download site? So, despite their claim, it looks like Sharman believes that they will be unable to shut out K-lite from the FT network or prevent K-lite from becoming a separate competing network.
    a. it's a hacked version of their software

b. they are trying to get some legitamacy by getting people to pay for kmd and don't need a version out there that allow people to connect without folks paying. lets say they do start a subsciption only service to use kazaa and pay royalities to the riaa, mpaa, etc if they aren't making efforts to bring down sites that distribute versions that allow people to connect without paying it looks like a half hearted effort.

c. they want it known far and wide use kmd or you can't access ft network. this is the perfect way to show they mean business.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    so let me get this sraight if all the k lite users [or the ones with great connction] act as supernodes then you should still be able to use the f t network and then you would only be sharing with other k lite users correct so far?
    i see a pretty big upside to that being there should be a lot less fake and misnamed files on the network as im sure at 80% of those that frequent these forums are true p2pers and would not be such twats as to misname or share beat files
    just my 2 cents

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    "Kazaa Lite supernodes do exist and the number of them will grow"
    why? in order to help this problem?
    and how does being a supernode make you an easier target?
    and what is K+ they mentioned in the link? is that sharman or a version of klite?

"Don't you think K-lite users would be easily identifiable on the network, and therefore be targeted more aggressively by the RIAA and such? "
    why would the riaa care whether or not you have kazaa or kazaa lite?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I was just wondering something, if they say that kazaalite will be blocked out, why doesnt someone just code on the new one, and release it on the kazaa network itself. That way you can download kazaalite on kazaa instead of on a site.

Eventually people will begin to destribute the version one way or another.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    --Spam--
    What KMD version is Kazaa Lite K++ based on?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    haha, your not thinking strait, as soon as we are on our own network, it will only be Kazaa Lite!!!

if the RIAA gets on the network, they get on using Kazaa Lite K+!!

the way i see it is, the RIAA already been sued for using Kazaa Lite, if they try suing us!... we can sue them back for using Kazaa Lite!! or something like that.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Look, all of these problems can be solved with 3 easy steps:
    - Create a patch that enables us to use KLK++ forever, no matter what (if thats poss)
    - Set Supernode enabled by default
    - Bundle it with KLK++, and release it as KLK 2.3.0

there. all SN's, and KLK will live on.
    As for the hostings, they cant see if we host it if we don't post links to it. Im getting paid hosting soon, and would be willing to have this on that for a limited amount of time (bw issues, Im not rich lmao).
    Then we could just post links like h**p or rename the file to eMule.exe (when its really KLK++)
    Sage goes in the signature field.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by --Spam--@9 December 2003 - 07:57
    What KMD version is Kazaa Lite K++ based on?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast