Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Urgent: Everyone Switch On Supernode Setting!

Originally posted by hitokri@11 December 2003 - 18:18
    How do you propose that switching supernode on will postpone its end? If the kl community seperates from the KMD community, we will have a higher quality p2p network, as generally, the quality files are shared via klite clients. So our sub-network on FastTrack will be not-so-full of fakes. Those who use KMD and don't take necessary precautions (PGIPDB, Firewall), are the people RIAA is most likely to catch, as they are careless.
    KMD 2.6 is out and the more people download and update to it, the more problems people using K-Lite will have. Right now it still works normal but when most people have switched to KMD 2.6 or higher, all that will be left is your small sub-network. This small sub-network might survive for some time but I doubt that it will last. There is of course a slim chance that this small sub-network will flourish but Sharman Networks will probably try to eliminate it.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    ..you mean there are still many stupid chumps out there that willingly download spyware-infested programs?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    these days iam getting about 52kb for some files, how u people can say kl is dead

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    [quote]Originally posted by MadDog-2000@15 December 2003 - 00:16
    Hang on... How many K-Lite users do you think are on the network? I believe that a K-Lite only network is the best thing that could happen to us - Sharman will never be able to stop other Fasttrack clients from connecting to us either.

All Sharman are going to achieve is having two networks - us with our superior file quality, and them with their fakes and viruses! Who looses out? Only time will tell, but for gods sake, don't give up - switch on the supernode and lets get this network working!

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I will switch mine on, hopefully something good can come of it.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Party@15 December 2003 - 02:38
    ..you mean there are still many stupid chumps out there that willingly download spyware-infested programs?
    I wouldn't label them as 'stupid chumps'. Many of them are members here, bad choice of words in my book. I still use it from time to time, I'm certainly not stupid.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    For the CHUMP who called everyone a CHUMP:

You can always remove the spyware anyhow - saves on any infestation.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    We just got the news a few days ago. Why panic?
    Turning the supernode function on is fine, makes everything work smoother.
    I am sure someone will be able and capable to follow up RandomNut's excellent
    K++ with a v. 2.60 and 3.0 and so on. Have patience. Sharman Networks haven't won yet!

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    So what's to stop someone from taking the new version of KMD and making it into a new version of K-Lite?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by mcrosby@15 December 2003 - 13:45
    Hang on...  How many K-Lite users do you think are on the network?  I believe that a K-Lite only network is the best thing that could happen to us - Sharman will never be able to stop other Fasttrack clients from connecting to us either.

All Sharman are going to achieve is having two networks - us with our superior file quality, and them with their fakes and viruses!  Who looses out?  Only time will tell, but for gods sake, don't give up - switch on the supernode and lets get this network working!
    I know as a fact that there are considerably less K-Lite users than KMD users! Weeks before this little incident people like you proclaimed that K-Lite is unstoppable and that the RIAA and others might be able to scare us but not stop us. Well, now it seems like they did stopped us (to a certain point anyway) by prohibiting the download of K-Lite from many web sites. Now they are also trying to get the K-Lite clients of the network.

I don't know where this will end but things usually don't turn out as we like them to (remember Napster and Morpheus). Morpheus is not dead either but in many people's minds it died when they got kicked from FastTrack. And if they can do that to Morpheus, why shoudn't Sharman be able to do it to K-Lite too?

So what's to stop someone from taking the new version of KMD and making it into a new version of K-Lite?
    I hope they continue to develop K-Lite as KMD advanves because if they do there won't be any problems with K-Lite clients getting kicked off the network, since it contains the same code as KMD.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast