Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Energy Use

harrycary's Avatar Poster
    a crt monitor will only draw about 130watt
    huh?

Let's do the math.

The formula is: amps X voltage = watts

So, 130 watts divided by 120 volts (we're talking the US here)equals 1.08333 amps. That is a mighty small monitor you have. (and quite the blanket statement at that)

My little 15 inch monitor draws 180 watts. (120v X 1.5 amps)

Makes me wonder...hmmm

Regardless, I have yet to see an LCD monitor..err excuse me, an A/C adapter for an LCD monitor, draw that much current. There is a difference between an A/C adapter current draw due to the conversion to D/C. Relative to the amount it takes for a CRT to become fully charged, something not necessary for an LCD.

I apologize in advance if I'm wrong but I'm only going by the facts I have at hand.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm a bit drunk right now.

peace

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    suppose you may be right, i was only going with what i was given at the site. http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/m...?quicklinx=2RSV it says 130watt there, i justr checked my old crt, which it says it draws 1.4 amps, and being in the uk, p=iv. p=1.4*240= alot more than i thought.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    dude why are you getting a seperate generater... string it on the drive shaft of that damn diesal man... and gett you some battery back ups... that way, you can generate quietly... and even have power when nothing is runing.. plus less gas...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Would work but we dont want to have the enginge running EVERY time we have the comps on. Get more complicated too but im not doing it just getting ideas.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    or if you wanted to get really complicated, you could totally wire up the bus with outlets etc and run it of engine power. and then have a seperate generator for when the bus aint moving.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123