Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ritalin

Ritalin is fine for people who actually have the disease. It is a simple stimulant, just like many other "herbal remedies".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    BANNED
    Ritalin is a drug not a herb.

Side effects
    Nervousness and insomnia are the most common.Hypersensitivity including skin rash, urticaria, fever, arthraglia, exfoliative dermatitis, erythema multiforme with histopathological findings of necrotizing vascultitis, and thrombocytopenic purpura.Also anorexia, nausea, dizziness, palpitations, headache, dyskinesia, drowsiness, tachycardia, angina, cardiac arrhythmia, abdominal pain, and weight loss during prolonged therapy, abnormal liver function, psychotic symptoms of hallucinations and paranoia.There have been rare reports of Tourette’s syndrome, toxic psychosis.In children, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, weight loss, insomnia, and tachycardia may occur more frequently.Ritalin is also found to retard growth by disrupting cycles of growth hormone released by the pituitary gland.

As I said before, try to get off it, look for another "cure".

3. Lounge   -   #23
    So what, herbs contain drugs. Cocaine is a chemical component of an herb.

The point of Ritalin is that it's stimulant effect is paradoxically sedating to those with ADHD.

The side effects you mentioned are for those not effected by the condition.

Who gives a crap whether it a natural herb or a modified herb. Most of the drugs that save lives in the hospitals are "modified herbs".

Ephedra comes from a plant, a natural stimulant, ask Cory Stringer if herbal remedies can be deadly.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    BANNED
    The side effect you mentioned are for those not effected by the condition.
    No they're not, they're contra-indications, they come with all drugs, and can affect anybody. I get a severe side effect to the drugs I use to reduce the swelling around an old spinal injury.

As to the drug\herb debate; many doctors now are reverting to a range of herbal remedies in place of prescription drugs, some of them ancient, and some recently recorded "folk" remedies. No-one is saying do away with prescription drugs entirely, only to look at other possibilities.

The US, by the way, drugs more of it's kids than any country in the world.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Ritalin works.

The active components of herbal medines have been identified and harnessed by modern practicioners.

Any side effect you want to place on Ritalin will be also placed on your herbal remedy.

As for drugging anyone, the US is far behind the world. We let the world play with most drugs for many years before the FDA lets Americans use them. The world is our test lab for drug efficacy and side effects.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    muchspl2
    yea I have experimented with it

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by muchspl2@14 December 2003 - 08:54
    yea I have experimented with it
    Yes, in fact, most cases involve parents pretending that their children have ADD so they can score Ritalin, which they then sell on the street.

Is that what you meant by "experimented'?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    You don't need meds to control ADD or ADHD,

you just need to have parents who are prepared to do the work,

believe me its not easy, but it works...

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 09:04
    You don't need meds to control ADD or ADHD,

you just need to have parents who are prepared to do the work,

believe me its not easy, but it works... 
    No true ADD is a chemical problem, just like schizophrenia, hyperlipidemia or hypertension.

No number of group hugs can control the problem.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    muchspl2
    Yes, in fact, most cases involve parents pretending that their children have ADD so they can score Ritalin, which they then sell on the street.

Is that what you meant by "experimented'?
    crushed & snorted internostrilly

but I don't think its the parents trying to sell them parents are human and scare easily, they think they're kid is falling behind are whatever, assume it has to be a problem, so go to 2 doctors and one should prescribe the miracle pill
    can't blame them for wanting the best, just the lengths they will go through for it

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast