Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im Very Deppressed And Angry

Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@14 December 2003 - 03:14
    Can we please not do the witty banter? What I just said took a lot of thinking and searching and I genuinley need your advice

boy
    Yes, I'm taking you seriously.

Your looking for personal advice from the lounge section of a p2p forum.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Self confidence is a dear, dear commodity. Usually there is no clear cut reason why one person has it and another doesn't, it is not as clear cut as looks, height, or brains.

I think it bears largely on how your parents dealt with you. Did they call you "stupid", "ugly" or blame you for their problems. My parents were consistently positive. If I did something poorly or wrong, they would express disappointment because they were sure I was not applying my potential. So many people bear the limitations of what they were told at the ages of 4-6 for the rest of their lives.

You must determine why you are insecure then try and figure out if you can fix it. Next year, at college, you can see how strangers respond to the "real" you. Truth is that most people who attend college don't hang out with high school friends for life. You've got that whole new experience ahead of you.

You ARE going to college, right?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    @Kurt: I know what you are saying, and I wish it was as easy as that

@hobbes: Im taking an outside course, GNVQ or similar. As for parents, I guess I was always expected to do well...I was never specifically scolded for my mistakes, but I was always expected to get good grades, and be the golden boy as it were.....that may possibly have something to do with it

Thanks for this guys, it is helping

4. Lounge   -   #14
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    In a lot of groups of friends, certain roles are played by certain member of said group. I would guess it depends on when you entered the group and under what circumstances.

Your friends expect you to behave a certain way and you (perhaps unconsciously) comply because its what you're used to.

I would reckon it would be the test of any friendship for one side to go totally against the grain and either confront your "friends" or cut them off altogether. Either way, they would see it as a complete shift in behaviour and might just get them a' wonderin'.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    i know what you are saying, but part of my insecurity is that my friends dont really notice me that much, so if i cut myself off they might just think it would be a bit odd but get on with it....which is better, living a lie with friends, or living the truth alone?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    if i do crazy stuff my friends call me daft and stupid but they like it

if i be a normal guy they call me Miserable

how do i get around that i need some help

sorry for asking help on someone elses thread
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Lads, I don't know what to tell you.

Be yourself. Always. Be true to your soul and let yourself grow.

Be nobody's clown or punchbag.

And remember, you're only beginning to meet friends.

Some of the people you will meet in your lifetime will inspire and appreciate you without you feeling the need to impress them. Some of them you won't even meet.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by RGX@13 December 2003 - 21:59
    which is better, living a lie with friends, or living the truth alone?
    Live the truth and be alone. You will find out that new friends will appear.

You are showing good signs of personal growth and if your friends don't want to grow with you then that's their loss.

I wish you the best for you along this new path.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    I'll assume, after that vast silence, that you've all gone and hung yourselves.

Can I have your computers?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Dude, I can totally hearwhat your saying. I'm 22 now and have realised who i am in the past 3 years. Fuck being popular, if the in crowd dont know you then whats the point? Be who you are and send a big ole fuck you out to the world.
    The hardest thing in the world is to be yourself but once you do that you wil meet people like you.
    Something that everyone feels is, out of a large group of pals you'd be lucky to have just one as a real friend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast