Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im Very Deppressed And Angry

Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    guys... a really good book to read is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand,

it deals with the things you are talking about and makes for some excellent reading..

her theory of Objectivism is very enlightening, do we want to be "part of the crowd, or are we prepared to stand alone and do what is right for us?..

I recommend it!..

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 08:35

it deals with the things you are talking about and makes for some excellent reading..

her theory of Objectivism is very enlightening, do we want to be "part of the crowd, or are we prepared to stand alone and do what is right for us?..

I recommend it!.. 
    Ozbabe,

You are doling out some serious homework!

Anyone who can understand that stuff, has no real need to read it.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by hobbes+14 December 2003 - 14:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 14 December 2003 - 14:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 08:35

I recommend it&#33;..
    Ozbabe,

You are doling out some serious homework&#33;

Anyone who can understand that stuff, has no real need to read it. [/b][/quote]
    its my psych background hobbes,

but its a terrific book for anyone who feels they don&#39;t fit in...

besides, it&#39;s set as a fictional work, a story.. so its not heavy reading..

4. Lounge   -   #24
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Chalice, if I had hung myself you would be welcome to my PC. Unfortunatly for you though, I hads fallen asleep on my keyboard

Ozbabe, thanks for the reccomendation, I will definatly check it out

Namzuf9, thanks, its nice to know im not the only one, reading over this now in the light of day makes me feel like a whinging teenager, compared to what some of you are going through....thankyou for all your advice and support, I will work it out.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    living a lie with friends
    If your pose is what your friends really see, they are no friends.

True friends either criticise you for acting and know about your facade, either they

know and accept it as a part of your personality.

If you don&#39;t integate your insecurity&#39;s in what you show people, you will truly stay

lonely, no matter how much people surround you.

SwamiYogi

6. Lounge   -   #26
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by RGX@14 December 2003 - 02:04
    Let me give you a break down of who I am. I am someone who constantly seeks attention. Whether it be childish insults or jokes, or hanging round wiht the "in" crowd, i need attention, I need to feel respected, I need to feel needed...and I dont get it because im so insecure with myself that people treat me as a shell someone who can be fun for a while but anything deeper? Fuck no.

My friends think im cool, but hardly talk to me unless about surface things, they talk to the shell of me, the character I have created that they all love, and the real m doesnt get a chance because im seen as an empty shell, with nothing deeper, and agressive, without any emotion....

And I feel suffocated, trapped, and very very alone. No one truly respects me, they like this false me I have built around myself....and theres nothing I can do because they wont take me as anything else now...

Sorry
    hey rgx. i know exactly how you feel. last week i got pissed off because a group of us went to xscape then the whole commodity thing came to my mind. was i there just to be the clown? this kinda pissed me off. i spoke to them about it but they convinced me this was a good thing. i just had to think "fuck it". but its a kind of shallow existence to be the clown of the group.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by RGX@14 December 2003 - 19:25
    Chalice, if I had hung myself you would be welcome to my PC. Unfortunatly for you though, I hads fallen asleep on my keyboard

Namzuf9, thanks, its nice to know im not the only one, reading over this now in the light of day makes me feel like a whinging teenager, compared to what some of you are going through....thankyou for all your advice and support, I will work it out.
    RGX... there&#39;s never a bad time to ask for help, support or advice...

the bad time is when you dont...

8. Lounge   -   #28
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by Ozbabe+14 December 2003 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ozbabe @ 14 December 2003 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@14 December 2003 - 19:25
    Chalice, if I had hung myself you would be welcome to my PC. Unfortunatly for you though, I hads fallen asleep on my keyboard&nbsp;

RGX... there&#39;s never a bad time to ask for help, support or advice...

the bad time is when you dont... [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Ozbabe , everyones been very supportive, thankyou for any advice and kind PM&#39;s, and thanks Dave, thats pretty much my exact situation, hope we both work it out.

hugs:

9. Lounge   -   #29
    you&#39;re welcome RGX.. anytime hon...

10. Lounge   -   #30
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Azzz@14 December 2003 - 03:02
    if i do crazy stuff my friends call me daft and stupid but they like it

if i be a normal guy they call me Miserable

how do i get around that i need some help

sorry for asking help on someone elses thread
    i get this. the best thing to do is not worry about it. they still appreciatte you as their friend, otherwise they wouldnt bother saying anything to you.

@RGX. i just read the whole post. i think we&#39;re definately in the same boat, maybe we should start group clowns anonymous.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast