Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Is What I Want

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I would think those cathode fans would be the brightest fans..much brighter then the LED..newayz im just gona get 2 colored fans and 1 cathode i think so it will glow blue out the front and back a little bit too..and side..I dont care if the fans show up from looking inside the pannel..

How does UV work?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    That charmeleon fan is tight but I think I just want one solid color..prob blue with that case..I think I will prob mount a blue cathode at the bottom and one at the top of the side pannel and it will look tight...prob cost me about 30 bux or so..it says that deals good untill friday..and i got that email on thursday..so i duno if it ment last friday or this coming friday lolol

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I can't resist...

I think you would be better off forgetting what the fan lights look like and concentrate on how they cool off your system.
    If you must have lights get cold cathodes.

Let the fans be good at what they're designed for and the lights can take care of themselves.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lol heres clocker and his "dont make your comp like a carnival" speech ....wonder how long it will take till vb123 comes and make the same speech

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    That is not what I said at all.

In my experience those LED fans and the cold cathode fans are inferior as cooling elements. All your money is going for the lights.
    Get decent fans...Pabst, Panaflow, Sunon or the like and then get separate lights if you must.
    I do find it odd that you seem to know more about what your favorite fan's lighting looks like and haven't mentioned once what their CFM rating or Db range is...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    lol we, like abu, want to have our case look like a "carnival ride" so we (or i) really dont care about how loud it is....my room window is open almost 24/7 and its right behind some playground so noise isnt really an issue.....besides, it prob not as noisy as my hsf.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by clocker@14 December 2003 - 01:56
    I can't resist...

I think you would be better off forgetting what the fan lights look like and concentrate on how they cool off your system.
    If you must have lights get cold cathodes.

Let the fans be good at what they're designed for and the lights can take care of themselves.
    very, VERY true my man. I thought most fans were all about the same...but what is a good CFM..or the airflow or whatever?? And what is a quite Db? Thanks clocker

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    It's all relative dawg.
    I was at MicroCenter yesterday and casually looked at fans/lights.
    The 80mm fans with LEDs were around $12, the ones with cold cathodes were about $20.
    Both versions put out less air and made more noise than the plain jane unlit unit at $6.
    These numbers are usually on the packaging somewhere.

All I have been saying is to get good fans, deal with your airflow/heat issues first.
    Then add lights to your heart's content....

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    bigdawg, if u want that to look cool, buy a dremel, and cut some designs. then make some fan holes on the side window. u'll need lots of lights in there. maybe it's just me, but it'll look good. y else would u buy a case with a window? i would suggest, since u have a full tower case, that u get get wc with this

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    umm I dont have any tools to cut holes. I just want a clear side pannel and ill put like 2 Cathodes in it..one at the bottom and one at top..I think thats enough for me..do yall think blue or red would look better?

@Clocker- what is a good CFM (or whatever the airflow thing is) and what is a quiet Db? Anyone can answer this..not just clocker lol I know WHAT they are..I just dont know what a good number for them is

I dont want watercooling. Im prob gona order that case and 500watt PSU today..since the thing cost 75 bux by itself I think the PSU is pretty good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast