Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Xbox Pic

Lick My Lovepump
    You're wrong, the Sony Playstation was originally pencilled to use cartridges too, so why would it originally be a CD addon for SNES?

2. Games   -   #82
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    sorry, but because it was!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Games   -   #83
    Originally posted by mr. nails@11 January 2004 - 06:45
    the ps3 will be able to play ps1, ps2, ps3 and psp games! 
    I read in an article that the ps3 won't be backwards compatible with ps one games.
    It wasn't an article on the net so I can't give you a link.I read in in OPM2(dutch version)

edit:found an article on the net about it.

Recent tidbits have flowed from several Websites indicating that the PlayStation 3 will be backward compatible with PlayStation 2, but not with PS one. So, the PS2 is backward compatible with the PS one, and the PS3 will be backward compatible with the PS2, but not PS one. Additionally, Sony plans to have only two systems in the market at one time, so once the PS3 gets swinging in 2005, it'll drop production on PS one.
    SOURCE

4. Games   -   #84
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@11 January 2004 - 08:30
    You're wrong, the Sony Playstation was originally pencilled to use cartridges too, so why would it originally be a CD addon for SNES?
    No, he's correct. Sony was developing the CD drive for Nintendo, but when they abandoned it, Sony decided to release it as their own stand alone console. So in effect, Nintendo is responsible for creating it's own biggest competitor. That's a fact.

5. Games   -   #85
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~+11 January 2004 - 12:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~FunK_mOb~ @ 11 January 2004 - 12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mr. nails@11 January 2004 - 06:45
    the ps3 will be able to play ps1, ps2, ps3 and psp games&#33;
    I read in an article that the ps3 won&#39;t be backwards compatible with ps one games.
    It wasn&#39;t an article on the net so I can&#39;t give you a link.I read in in OPM2(dutch version)

edit:found an article on the net about it.

Recent tidbits have flowed from several Websites indicating that the PlayStation 3 will be backward compatible with PlayStation 2, but not with PS one. So, the PS2 is backward compatible with the PS one, and the PS3 will be backward compatible with the PS2, but not PS one. Additionally, Sony plans to have only two systems in the market at one time, so once the PS3 gets swinging in 2005, it&#39;ll drop production on PS one.
    SOURCE [/b][/quote]
    that sux&#33; and i hope not&#33; just so i can keep getting rid of past consoles cuz the new ones do their job. and was hoping that the ps3 would play the ps1 games better than the ps2 did&#33; damn...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Games   -   #86

sony

7. Games   -   #87
    BANNED
    The thing: kernAl? Nice... way to diss on a company. I&#39;ll buy you a vowel

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789