Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • executed immediately

11 8.73%
  • publicly heared, then executed

25 19.84%
  • given to Iraqi justice to get a "Normal" trial in court

35 27.78%
  • handed over to the international court in Den Hague (netherlands)

45 35.71%
  • other, please specify

10 7.94%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Saddam Be...

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by tralalala@15 December 2003 - 17:09
    oh nigel123... ill tell you why i ignored boabs posts... simply because i actually have no idea who agent orange is/was... : oops: :helpsmile: :confused: >_< and even - :&#39;(

tralalala
    You&#39;d better go here...

What is Agent Orange?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by SnnY@16 December 2003 - 01:23
    ....you could ask uNz[i] to put a link to this thread in his first post in that thread....
    Done.

Oh, and I voted for Saddam to be tried by the Iraqi people.
    I think he&#39;ll get some pretty nasty just desserts from them.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    oh... now i see what agent orange was...
    still, hussain was still one of the only leaders to use chemical weapons against innocent people... and, you must agree he was probably the most evil leader in the modern times...

if you like, i can give you some examples... just ask

tralalala

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I noticed nobody picked up the Shah comment that I made earlier on. Here is a short history lesson for members not aware of the Iranian otherthrow of opressive
    rulers.

1953: The Shah, backed by western allies, overthrows Mossadeq in a coup staged by Gen Fazlollah Zahedi.

1971: Diplomatic ties with Iraq are broken as the country occupies several Iraqi islands in the Gulf.

1978: Civil war looms as Ayatollah Khomeini leads Shi&#39;a opposition towards the Shah. Although in exile, he transmits his message through music cassettes, smuggled into Iran in small numbers and duplicated on a massive scale.

1979: The Shah flees and Khomeini returns. Hundreds of the Shah&#39;s supporters are executed. The Islamic Republic is chosen by referendum on a new constitution. Students storm the American embassy and take hostages in response to the Shah&#39;s admission into America.

The Shah died of cancer in America shortly after this. The point I was trying to make is that here was an uprising by Iranians to retake their country from western backed oppression. They wanted to try the former rulers for crimes against their countymen. What did America do? Gave the tyrant refuge. So can anyone explain why the reversal of policy?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    nope

lol

but i guess no one was as bad as hussain, dont you think?
    actully, heres a sub poll: how many support the war in iraq - 1)yes i support it
    2)im against it

tralalala

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Originally posted by tralalala@15 December 2003 - 20:53
    nope&nbsp;

lol

but i guess no one was as bad as hussain, dont you think?
    actully, heres a sub poll: how many support the war in iraq - 1)yes i support it
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 2)im against it

tralalala
    Not exactly the place to hold a poll like that. Considering that most of the members on here are from the western world or support western policies.

In reply to your other question I can think of a couple offhand

Pol Pot
    Idi Amin

No western intervention here I may add.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    2) I&#39;m against it, even though I&#39;m from the west. For all the usual reasons that people oppose war.
    bigboab - just because many people here are from the west, doesn&#39;t mean they will support western policies. Indeed, I oppose most western policies as they cause harm to people in the developing world.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@15 December 2003 - 22:18
    2) I&#39;m against it, even though I&#39;m from the west. For all the usual reasons that people oppose war.
    bigboab - just because many people here are from the west, doesn&#39;t mean they will support western policies. Indeed, I oppose most western policies as they cause harm to people in the developing world.
    What boab so "subtly" alludes to, is the fact that many of us have only seen the one side of this matter. And thus we do not have the whole picture.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@15 December 2003 - 21:18
    I know that. But the majority unfortunatley would vote yes.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    I&#39;m glad you asked.

Saddam Hussein should be turned over to the Iraqi Governing Council, tried by an Iraqi War Crimes Tribunal and brought to justice where most of the atrocities occurred....in Iraq.

His crimes against his own Iraqi Kurds and Shiite Muslims will sufficiently justify the death penalty thereby satisfying those in the Arab and Muslim world seeking retribution for his crimes against humanity and further will defuse the potential lashing out at the US and it&#39;s coalition in the event he was brought to stand trial in the Western world.

A win-win situation all around (with one exception....Saddam Hussein)

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    mrlessk

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast