Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Everyone!

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Happy Hanukkah, or Chanuckah, or however else you'd spell it.

Have a good Ramadan, even though it's the wrong time o' year, and also Merry Quanza to you.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    J'Pol's sentiment has merit.

I don't think this thread is offensive. At the point of J'Pols post there were six (6) happy holidays compared to one (1) Merry Christmas. While the root words of holiday denote a religious event, for most of us I suggest the word is synonomous with vacation.

So Danb quite being so mean. lol

peace omc

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 December 2003 - 20:38

If you feel you might be offended, don't read or post in this thread.

I am not in the least offended. I merely recognise that others may be.

Namzuf9 for example is a Satanist.

Celebrations of the birth of Our Lord may be offensive to him. I certainly wouldn't be best pleased if he were discussing a celebration of Satan's firstborn.

I merely use him as an example, there may be others.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Of course it says "Hey Everyone!"

Did you expect it to say "Hey Everyone! Except all you non-christians because I don't care if you have a good Christmas" ? That would have been offfensive.

And I wasn't making generalisations. Plenty of my friends are non-christians, and they all wish me Merry Christmas at this time of year. They get VERY angry about the sort of message you were posting J'Pol.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+17 December 2003 - 19:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 17 December 2003 - 19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by gemby&#33;@17 December 2003 - 20:40
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@17 December 2003 - 19:34
    <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;
    @17 December 2003 - 20:31

if people are not christian then they do not have to read the thread &#33;&#33;

It&#39;s entitled, Hey Everyone.

well they can read the first line then not read anymore then if they find it SO offensive

whats your religion anyway ?
    How on earth would that help ?

Just giving a warm happy holidays to my friends on the forum. I believe this time of year is to recognize those luxuries we take
    [/b][/quote]
    well it would tell me that if you are christain then how could you judge if someone of a different religion would find this offensive or not

and dont get moody on me &#33;
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@17 December 2003 - 20:46
    Of course it says "Hey Everyone&#33;"

Did you expect it to say "Hey Everyone&#33; Except all you non-christians because I don&#39;t care if you have a good Christmas" ? That would have been offfensive.

And I wasn&#39;t making generalisations. Plenty of my friends are non-christians, and they all wish me Merry Christmas at this time of year. They get VERY angry about the sort of message you were posting J&#39;Pol.
    So your statistically significant cross section is how many - 10,000, 100,000 .... just a ball park figure will do.

Oh and I think not Christian, would possibly be a better way of putting it. Your method suggests there are two types of people.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by gemby&#33;+17 December 2003 - 20:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gemby&#33; @ 17 December 2003 - 20:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@17 December 2003 - 19:43
    Originally posted by gemby&#33;@17 December 2003 - 20:40
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@17 December 2003 - 19:34
    <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;
    @17 December 2003 - 20:31

if people are not christian then they do not have to read the thread &#33;&#33;

It&#39;s entitled, Hey Everyone.

well they can read the first line then not read anymore then if they find it SO offensive

whats your religion anyway ?

How on earth would that help ?

Just giving a warm happy holidays to my friends on the forum. I believe this time of year is to recognize those luxuries we take
    well it would tell me that if you are christain then how could you judge if someone of a different religion would find this offensive or not

and dont get moody on me &#33; [/b][/quote]
    No - how would reading the first line help them to identify anything about the thread.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    WTF?

How can a simple Merry C******as have caused so much outrage???

I think you&#39;ll find that the celebration of Christmas is no longer purely practiced by Christians.

J&#39;Pol your post is a perfect example of political correctness gone mad

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    FIEN THEN

they could just not reply then &#33;
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by danb@17 December 2003 - 20:51
    WTF?

How can a simple Merry C******as have caused so much outrage???

I think you&#39;ll find that the celebration of Christmas is no longer purely practiced by Christians.

J&#39;Pol your post is a perfect example of political correctness gone mad
    Don&#39;t be ridiculous.

People may have a holiday at a certain time of the year. Eat turkey and exchange cards and gifts.

That is not celebrating the birth of Christ. Happy holidays to them, but is not the same thing.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast