Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Eat Scrapple?

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I live in PA Dutch country, but I've never been able to bring myself to eat scrapple. Even if I didn't know what was in it, it doesn't even look good. :x

I have eaten lamb's tongue in a bar already though. Of course I was drunk off my ass at the time.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Did you mean PA Dutch county Wolf? I was tring to find out what a PA Dutch country was.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@17 December 2003 - 13:09
    Did you mean PA Dutch county Wolf?  I was tring to find out what a PA Dutch country was.
    Well, it really is PA. Dutch Country. I'm sure you've seen pics of the Amish and their horse-drawn carridges that live in that area of Pennsylvania near Lancaster.
    Remember the movie "Witness" with Harrison Ford a few years back?

Pennsylvania Dutch Country

A bit of Information:
    The people known as the Pennsylvania Dutch are not Dutch, but are of German and German speaking heritage, They are the descendants of the early german speaking settlers of the inland counties of Pennsylvania who arrived in Pennsylvania prior to the War of 1812.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    flesh & muscle, yes.
    organs, no.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Lounge   -   #25
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    never tried/heard of scrapple 'til now

but bigboab mentioned the tripe from a cow (intestines)
    cook that up for a big pot of menudo, and you got
    your certified best hangover cure
    (dont know why, but it really knocks your hangover's d*ck in the dirt)
    i used to think that stuff was gross when i was younger,
    then i started gettin sh*t faced and had to have a cure the next morning
    hell, age does wonders for opening up your mind,
    maybe i'll look for some scrapple
    after all, thats all hotdogs (franks) and sausages are, is leftovers
    (lips and a$$holes )

btw, how the hell do you cook/prepare scrapple?
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@17 December 2003 - 17:27

btw, how the hell do you cook/prepare scrapple?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 December 2003 - 19:12
    Not where I am.

Decidedly sub-rural, though not, I understand, in a way that approaches that experienced by my colleague MagicNakor.

Scrapple is fated to be a once-every-couple-years treat for me.
    And for that you can be grateful. Although I'll worry about your health if your grateful for eating pig brains...

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by mrlessk+17 December 2003 - 18:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk &#064; 17 December 2003 - 18:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@17 December 2003 - 13:09
    Did you mean PA Dutch county Wolf? I was tring to find out what a PA Dutch country was.
    Well, it really is PA. Dutch Country. I&#39;m sure you&#39;ve seen pics of the Amish and their horse-drawn carridges that live in that area of Pennsylvania near Lancaster.
    Remember the movie "Witness" with Harrison Ford a few years back?

Pennsylvania Dutch Country

A bit of Information:
    The people known as the Pennsylvania Dutch are not Dutch, but are of German and German speaking heritage, They are the descendants of the early german speaking settlers of the inland counties of Pennsylvania who arrived in Pennsylvania prior to the War of 1812. [/b][/quote]
    Thank you mrlessk, I couldn&#39;t have said it better myself. Only I live in Berks, not Lancaster County. And no, I&#39;m not Amish.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Thank you mrlessk, I couldn&#39;t have said it better myself. Only I live in Berks, not Lancaster County. And no, I&#39;m not Amish.
    Hi Nightwolf and thanks for your comment.
    Actually it never occurred to me even for a moment that you might have been Amish. For one reason, I don&#39;t believe culturally they have accepted modern conveniences, including the computer, since they stress separation from the world. Another is electricity....this the Amish consider a "connection" to the world and hence reject that as well.
    I know that if a new gadget does not assist in keeping their lives simple and their families together, they probably will reject it. It&#39;s why they still use the horse-drawn carriage as their main mode of transportation.
    Ah, well&#33; Live and let live.
    bigboab Posted on 17 December 2003 - 13:09
    Did you mean PA Dutch county Wolf? I was tring to find out what a PA Dutch country was
    I was simply reacting to the above quote by bigboab and felt an obligation to set the record straight regarding any misconceptions about my home state of Pennsylvania or even the Pennsylvania Dutch (no, I am not... ).
    LOL...I think I need to have more self-control when it comes to feeling these urges and obligations in these Forums but if there is a "blank" to be filled in and if I can do that I might just take it upon myself to jump right in. Don&#39;t forget, this all started with Mïcrösöül°V³&#39;s very brave and daring thread about, of all things "Scrapple" and my comment to him:
    "Mïcrösöül°V³, you are a brave soul....you realize of course that you are setting yourself up for ridicule and verbal abuse (I guess I&#39;m included now) once others check out the ingredients...LOL"
    Well, it all came to pass. Anyway, aren&#39;t these Forums supposed to be instructive, informative as well as entertaining? Indeed, I believe that there are now some individuals slightly more knowledgeable about important things like....Scrapple?....where it comes from and what it&#39;s made of. Who would have thunk it? Two pages and almost 30 replies about, of all things.....Scrapple&#33;....gotta love it&#33;
    Regards,
    mrlessk
    :newyear:

10. Lounge   -   #30
    For a couple years they actually had an event called Scrapplefest in Philly,but I don&#39;t think they do it anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast