Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mario Video Is Fake! Haha

aola
    thats me

2. Games   -   #12
    Debaser
    Ya know how they were talking about in x_gimpg's link that one way you could tell it wasn't real was how he shoots out like 2 fireballs that are way too close to each other? Well wouldn't a turbo controller do that? been so long I can't remember.

3. Games   -   #13
    I already knew of this and I could tell especially since a scripted scene in the last world is missing

--------------------------CHIDORI! (Lightning Edge)-----------------------

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    Wrong. They say in the forum, that everything in the game is legit. He never does anything that he would not be able to do.

Let me spell it out for the non-technical. Many emulators have what is called a save state. It is instant. If you jump up in the air and hit the save button, it saves THAT FRAME. You can press load, and it will load from the air. If you hold in the load button, Mario will fall over and over again, instantly... kind of a trip. Therefore, he was able to play perfectly. He'd save, do a scene, and if he didn't do it perfectly, he'd reload and try, try again until he got it.

Agreed, some people have way too much time on their hands. I confess to doing the same thing to get an edge over emulated games, but I'd never make a video of it and clip out the snafus and pass it off as a power play.

What you all seem to be unaware of (as many are) there is a SECOND video. I am almost sure it is another person playing. In the second video, they play EVERY level. It takes about an hour, and the video is broken up into 8 files - 1 file per world. Here are the eMule hashes - this is where I got it.

Ah shoot. Hashes won't work here. Look. Go to ShareReactor, go to Fun Stuff, and scroll down. If it's not there, you'll have to use the list. Scroll down until you find Super Mario Brothers 3 Power Play (or Super Play). Or search for it on the main page. And yes, ShareReactor is a slow ass page, but eMule is a good system. I now believe it's surpassed KL - at least in the number of people sharing. It kinda makes you share.

5. Games   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    That was amazing but....
    After each level it could have been edited in case he screwed up
    Either way he obviously demolished each level..whether he tried over and over and edited it together or not.

And don't tell any crap about how it's not even possible that it was edited. All that has to be done is to start and stop recording after each fade out. 

Quote from me on Dec 2.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    Its legit. Look at some of the parts in the boss levels. Where he repeatedly jumps on the cannon balls, he gets 1ups for doing so many in a row. If he were to break it up, and have to do it frame by frame like some of you say, then he wouldnt be getting those 1ups. And the other guys is right about emulators. You can save an exact spot, and if you screw up, just load it again.

7. Games   -   #17
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    lol. i thought there was something fishy bout that vid. lol

8. Games   -   #18
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    oh well
    i couldnt complete the game in weeks and this guy does it in 11 mins i must admit i was amazed and even if its fake its still worth watching

9. Games   -   #19
    I thought maybe he played slow-mo too with the emulator, that wouldnt be hard to cover up and make it fairly easy. Others on the link said he was more like programming it and had memorized the patterns. Maybe he mapped out the whole thing and put the timing into the program to jump/move/fire when it would be needed, thus not playing at all

10. Games   -   #20
    o gr8 i spent 11 minutes of my life lookin at that and waz saying the whole way through somethin not quite right here lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast