Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticism

Originally posted by mrlessk+18 December 2003 - 23:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 18 December 2003 - 23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@18 December 2003 - 07:11
    Criticism is a very important component of debate.
    And therein lies the rub j2k4. It&#39;s normal when criticized to feel bad....like you&#39;ve been caught doing something you shouldn&#39;t have done. Often, our reactions to criticism stem from when we were children and our parents used to scold us for doing something wrong. As a result, the way in which we were brought up will have a huge impact on our capacity to deal with criticism, constructive or otherwise. This can be applied to most Forums like this one. The immature nature of some manifests in verbal attacks and insults on those simply attempting to make a valid point.

Most of us fail or simply don&#39;t want to acknowledge that criticism might, from time to time, be entirely warranted and justified. Then perhaps we can treat criticism constructively and objectively. We must first however learn how to keep our emotions under control, by accepting criticism not as a form of a personal attack but as a critical comment meant to be constructive.

mrlessk [/b][/quote]
    I take off my hat to you, buddy.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    [quote]Originally posted by Sid Hartha@19 December 2003 - 01:18
    Quote Originally Posted by camille,18 December 2003 - 15:44
    Just refrain from

Quote Originally Posted by camille,18 December 2003 - 13:29
    I just want to ease the tension.
    Nothing wrong with that, although I haven&#39;t really noticed any tension. Quite a bit of kidding around, maybe. And a healthy dose of sarcasm, sure.
    There was a tension happened to me a couple of days ago but I wouldn&#39;t mention the name because it&#39;s unethical. We are now okay to each other, we reconciled. That&#39;s why I posted this subject.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Originally posted by SnnY+19 December 2003 - 01:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 19 December 2003 - 01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-camille@18 December 2003 - 09:39
    Hi to everyone out there. Our board is a file sharing talk. I hope everybody will refrain from criticizing each other. We are all brothers sharing our thoughts to one another.
    From reading some of yer posts I can&#39;t quite see how you could have developed such an aversion to criticism, seeing as how you ought to be used to it by now. [/b][/quote]
    Why? Did I offend anyone?

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@19 December 2003 - 01:33
    Is this a criticism of how we post?
    Nope, depends upon the person attacking a post.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Originally posted by mrlessk+19 December 2003 - 01:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 19 December 2003 - 01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@18 December 2003 - 08:51
    Criticism is the act of evaluating or analyzing.
    As such I criticized your work, in a positive way.
    I see your point J&#39;Pol. It was simply a matter of our individual perception of what "criticism" means, i.e. our definition of the word, and the context used within this thread...
    "I hope everybody will refrain from criticizing each other"
    Now if you want you can still continue to criticize.
    Having read the various posted comments I was differentiating "criticism" from "complementing" and held one as negative over the other as positive. Criticism suggesting an unfavorable judgement as compared to being complementary. [/b][/quote]
    It seems that you&#39;re the only ally I have. Maybe you could be my lawyer sometime. Thanks again, buddy.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Mrlessk, you&#39;ve a profound ideas. You&#39;re a good arbiter and pacifier.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by hobbes@18 December 2003 - 13:17

Hey Clocker,

How come you know so much about adult bladder control undergarments?

Early on in my career hobbes, I realized that were it inevitable that I would ultimately lose control of my bodily functions, then what was the point of establishing control in the first place?
    Since the age of nineteen I have pissed and crapped wherever/whenever I happened to be when the urge arose.
    You can&#39;t imagine how liberating and effective this strategy can be.
    For instance, I have never missed a crucial scene in a movie because the bladder buster sized Coke I got is demanding to be recycled.
    Just let &#39;er rip.

For special occasions ( coronations, moonwalks and the like) I will use adult diapers.
    Hence my familiarity.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Originally posted by clocker+19 December 2003 - 04:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 19 December 2003 - 04:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@18 December 2003 - 13:17

Hey Clocker,

How come you know so much about adult bladder control undergarments?

Early on in my career hobbes, I realized that were it inevitable that I would ultimately lose control of my bodily functions, then what was the point of establishing control in the first place?
    Since the age of nineteen I have pissed and crapped wherever/whenever I happened to be when the urge arose.
    You can&#39;t imagine how liberating and effective this strategy can be.
    For instance, I have never missed a crucial scene in a movie because the bladder buster sized Coke I got is demanding to be recycled.
    Just let &#39;er rip.

For special occasions ( coronations, moonwalks and the like) I will use adult diapers.
    Hence my familiarity. [/b][/quote]
    Did you download the video, it is one of SNL&#39;s best.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. Lounge   -   #49
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I have tried twice, but WMP tells me that either the server is offline or the file is gone.

Ooops, pardon me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Clocker,

I posted someone&#39;s personal site and so I probably caused a bandwidth problem.

The key line was:

Grandma: Hey, how come you know so much about "oops, I just crappped my pants" undergarments.

Grandpa: Because I am wearing them right now, and I just did".

Maybe try the link tomorrow, it is an SNL classic. The transcript is here: http://hillison.com/snl/oopsicrappedmypants.html

Try the "play video" button, it still works for me.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast