Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compressing Iso And Bin Files

Originally posted by DWk@19 December 2003 - 09:26
    just wondering why you did so? does alcohol read rars?
    no, but it takes less time to upload a smaller iso...plus it uses less storage space
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    ah ok coo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    TRshady
    Not a bad compression. Id like to know if any app can compress a 700mb to 500mb or under. Often find myself putting them on cd, then losing them , would be easier storing my fave cds on my second drive.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by TRshady@19 December 2003 - 09:34
    Not a bad compression. Id like to know if any app can compress a 700mb to 500mb or under. Often find myself putting them on cd, then losing them , would be easier storing my fave cds on my second drive.
    after trying various iso&#39;s and bin&#39;s, basically i&#39;ve found that the space you save by compression with winRAR is very variable

i suppose you should just try using winrar or uharc and seeing how well they compress...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    if your downloading bin/iso files of emule, have a look at the file info there, some of them same quite alot to compresion, just via emule.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BANNED
    This psx game on kazaa&#39;s compressed with winace,only 20mb.When you extract it its a 450 mb image.I cant rembr exactly what image it is thou.It works fine too.

File:ISS PRO EVOLUTION 2.exe
    Length:21650332 Bytes, 21142KB
    UUHash:=XkH7Q9fNV4SYemkxmEdizotvK2U=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12