Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oficially Two Weeks, And My K++ Still Working!

The installer, even KMD's installer, writes supernode IPs to the registry when installing. These IPs are updated automatically by kazaa.exe after that, but if you can't do the initial connection because the initial supernode IPs aren't working anymore (will always happen after a couple of months even with KMD260) then you can never update the IPs and thus never connect to the network. That's why an installer always needs to have an updated set of supernode IPs.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Could it be enough editing the registry? . If that is the whole problem, then it sound easier to resolve than a though!!

O'course, i have to ask if those initial supernode are normal supernod (somebody using any version of kazaa), or is something that sharman can control .

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Kazaa Lite K++ may remain working, but if new users cannot find it on the web to download and install it, that may be a moot point.

Sure, we could SHARE it on KL++, but then every new convert would need to know how to go from KMD v2.6.x to KL++ v2.4.x

Also, like RN said, if we don't have/find a way to put a NEW starting supernode list into KL++, it WILL DIE after awhile.

People may be having trouble getting online now, as the only supernode still online that's listed in the initial setup may be overloaded constantly...

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    If there are fewer supernodes, there are more people connected to the same supernodes, so therefore we should receive more search results yet it would take longer for KL to find a Supernode when connecting. So far it still only takes a matter of seconds for KL to find a supernode to connect to, so either Sharmens tactics arent working or all this is just some hoax to encourage the use of KMD2.6

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    ever since you stoped giving kazaa k++ i noticed my download speed jumped from the normal 99 kb to 233 kb thats is wierd but oh well, its faster!

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    knock on wood! all of you knock!

no problems here yet

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by vladsoft@18 December 2003 - 23:06
    Could it be enough editing the registry? . If that is the whole problem, then it sound easier to resolve than a though!!

O'course, i have to ask if those initial supernode are normal supernod (somebody using any version of kazaa), or is something that sharman can control .
    Well, if you know of a valid supernode address you can use kazupernodes to attempt to connect, once you've connected to 1 you're back in business!

The trouble is your average Newbie-Joe isn't going to know how to do this without detailed instructions..

(Sharman used to control a supernode known as the "alpha" supernode, the IP of which was hardcoded into the KMD client as a last resort in case the client couldn't connect, but I think this was removed a few versions ago.)

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Luckily iMesh has a central supernode server...

fm2.imesh.com:1214

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    I wasn't worried and I'm still not, although it's hard to remain positive with all of this negativity flying around. LOL.

Not only are all connection speeds and access holding up, but you can still download Kazaa Lite (virgins 1.5.1 to virgins 2.4.3) in any language on the Sharman servers. B)

I'm still holding on my theory that we will not be booted or blocked because Sharman needs to show a total number of users in order to make selling their advertising more appealing. Remember that prospective clients will be shown the bottom line, no one from Sharman is going to tell a prospective client: "We have 3.6 million users online who will see your ads, but keep in mind that there are 1 million KL users who won't see your ads." LOL.

The higher the number of users on the system increases the value of Sharman's advertising rates. They would be cutting their own throat to cut their user base in half, so they won't. LOL.

If a prospective client should ask, "What about those KL users who I've heard about?" The Sharman sales rep is going to turn around and say, "Don't worry, we've taken care of that already" showing him the memo, and the question will be put to rest.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    I just use Kazupernodes to find a working supernode to connect to, and then launch K-Lite from there. It almost always works, if you choose one with a low response time. I haven't had any major connectivity problems yet.
    Knock on the wood LOL!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast