Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One?...

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    well even if i didnt have kazaa i wouldnt need to spend money on Albums and songs i simply buy them Copy them using my CD rewriter and then either keep them for myself or sell them
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. Music   -   #32
    For you youngsters out there and music fans in general,

A lot of the music you are downloading wouldn't be available if people weren't making money from it. If CD and DVD sales diminish, it will drive the cost of the CD's and DVD's up higher than they already are. If you're favorite bands that you are downloading aren't making money, you remove any reason for your favorite bands to make more music. Ever think of that? There are pay sites that exist where you pay $.99 for each song so that your favorite artists can make money while you download. Now I, too, download free music which may make me SEEM to be a hypocrite. The difference is that I continually buy new DVDs and CDs often. I can buy as many as 10 cd's and dvd's a month depending on what's released. A lot of times more. Further more, I have a cd collection of over 500 cd's and about 200 dvd's. And, I download from pay site when ever possible. I have way more software than I have mp3 downloads. Downloading free music is good for material that is out of print and/or hard to get. Or, if you want to SAMPLE a new artist or group. Otherwise, if you are truly a fan, you should BUY merchandise whenever possible. Now if money is a problem, support your favorite bands as much as you can afford and keep downloading. The problem is that a lot of people CAN afford cd's and dvd's but are too selfish to purchase them.

I , as a fan, like the special feature, lyrics, art work and having something tangible in my hands. Payable downloads are also safer having lower risks for virusis, etc.

It's up to you. Keep exclusively downloading and watch music disappear.

3. Music   -   #33
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Lecture someone who cares.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

4. Music   -   #34
    i dont buy anything because your all getting conned, when i was younger i bought alot of cds lp and videos now as technoligy has moved its way cheaper to produce
    but the price has went up in the actual stores,

also remember who made the indusrtrys they are today, all of your parents and their parents including mine my dad has over 200 Vinyl lps and he had 5 brothers
    who had vast collections to, so instead of ripping from vinyl i rather download them all again for him, save me the time as people have alreready done it for me.

how many times are we going to see elvis appearing in new unreleased albums and the beatles2 the music industry is sucking you dry,

5. Music   -   #35
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    OK last time I bought a CD for myself that is

December 15 2001

Yes with the original post you download and get the exact same quality from a bought one and why would you want to pay $30 just for a lyrics book??

I do burn my albums and cover them with front and back covers and even the CD with special sticky labels to look exactly like the bought CD only thing I don't get is the lyrics book and f*ck if I'm paying 30 bucks just for a lyric book

bu a CDR for $.150 along with some ink and paper allot cheaper

6. Music   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by blackerdays@23 December 2003 - 00:19
    For you youngsters out there and music fans in general,

A lot of the music you are downloading wouldn't be available if people weren't making money from it. If CD and DVD sales diminish, it will drive the cost of the CD's and DVD's up higher than they already are. If you're favorite bands that you are downloading aren't making money, you remove any reason for your favorite bands to make more music. Ever think of that? There are pay sites that exist where you pay $.99 for each song so that your favorite artists can make money while you download. Now I, too, download free music which may make me SEEM to be a hypocrite. The difference is that I continually buy new DVDs and CDs often. I can buy as many as 10 cd's and dvd's a month depending on what's released. A lot of times more. Further more, I have a cd collection of over 500 cd's and about 200 dvd's. And, I download from pay site when ever possible. I have way more software than I have mp3 downloads.  Downloading free music is good for material that is out of print and/or hard to get. Or, if you want to SAMPLE a new artist or group. Otherwise, if you are truly a fan, you should BUY merchandise whenever possible. Now if money is a problem, support your favorite bands as much as you can afford and keep downloading. The problem is that a lot of people CAN afford cd's and dvd's but are too selfish to purchase them.

I ,  as a fan, like the special feature, lyrics, art work and having something tangible in my hands. Payable downloads are also safer having lower risks for virusis, etc.

It's up to you. Keep exclusively downloading and watch music disappear.
    Ok RIAA guy, just like ijc said, the cost of making CDs is less but the record industry charges more than when you packaged CDs in those long cardboard boxes.
    $18 sometimes for a single CD?

KISS MY ASS

I do buy CDs that are good in almost their entirety. One hit wonders get the fart.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Music   -   #37
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    I havent bought a cd in 3 years except this self-released demo cd I bought directly from this Finnish band called Ultimatium. B)

8. Music   -   #38
    Retired
    What if no-one bougth music CD's, then what ??

9. Music   -   #39
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@23 December 2003 - 20:25
    What if no-one bought music Cd's, then what ??
    then of course there would be no file sharing

and BTW we are not stealing music

we buy the blank CDR

we pay our ISP to do what we want

We listen to the music to support the artist and spread the word of mouth about how good they are etc.

which also help for them to sell more shows

I hate ppl who say its stealing pisses me off

10. Music   -   #40
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Adster+23 December 2003 - 10:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster &#064; 23 December 2003 - 10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@23 December 2003 - 20:25
    What if no-one bought music Cd&#39;s, then what ??
    then of course there would be no file sharing

and BTW we are not stealing music

we buy the blank CDR

we pay our ISP to do what we want

We listen to the music to support the artist and spread the word of mouth about how good they are etc.

which also help for them to sell more shows

I hate ppl who say its stealing pisses me off [/b][/quote]
    uhhh....sorry Ad IT IS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Man you are in denial.
    I download shit too but it is stealing.
    Your ISP nor the cost of blank CD-Rs pay the record companies.

Listening does support the artist monetarily. The artist doesn&#39;t give 2 shits if he ain&#39;t making any money. You sound whimsical.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast