Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd You Come Up With Your Member Name

mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by dingoBaby+18 December 2003 - 23:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dingoBaby &#064; 18 December 2003 - 23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@19 December 2003 - 02:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-dingoBaby
    @19 December 2003 - 07:14
    Seinfeld episode.

What ep and how does it relate to your name?
    I don&#39;t remember the exact episode. Elaine says to someone, in a bad Australian accent, "Maybe the dingo ate you baby". Hence the name.[/b][/quote]

Allow me to embellish this reply please:

A Cry in the Dark (1988) - ***
    A movie based on an incredible true story. I didn&#39;t know the details of these events going in, so the movie was a surprise to me. Meryl Streep and Sam Neill play the parents who have their baby taken from their tent by a dingo while on holiday at Ayer&#39;s Rock. While it&#39;s being investigated some of the facts come into question. Eventually, among a nation of rumors, they find themselves on trial for the murder of their baby daughter. It&#39;s a heart-wrenching tale of faiths being questioned while waiting for all the facts come out. It is extremely well acted and directed, using some great Australian locales including the opening scene at Ayer&#39;s Rock. While the movie maybe not be great, it was a great way to learn about this story. Prior to watching it, I was pretty much just aware of the quote made famous by Elaine on Seinfeld, "Maybe the dingo ate your baby"

2. Lounge   -   #12
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Mines is fairly obvious. Boab is a Scottish variation of Robert and I am 6 ft tall.
    Had the nickname since about 16.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I was acting funny/retarded one day in the 7th grade, and my friend called me a crackhead. For some reason I stuck with it...

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by bigboab@19 December 2003 - 03:22
    Mines is fairly obvious. Boab is a Scottish variation of Robert and I am 6 ft tall.
    Wasn&#39;t obvious to me.... I had no idea Boab was a Scottish name.

Oh, an&#39; mornin bb.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi Titey. Hi everryone.

It is one of many Scottish variations of Robert: Boab, Rab, Bobby, Rob, Robby, Bert, Bertie etc. Ignorant B*, I have only heard the last one used for me though.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    my current name and my last name (3rd gen noob and 2nd gen noob respectively) were thought up in about 2 minutes (that&#39;s why they&#39;re so poor)

i just liked the contrast between the noob and the 2nd (or 3rd) generation tag
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by bigboab@19 December 2003 - 03:32
    Ignorant B*, I have only heard the last one used for me though.
    How odd.... I&#39;ve been called that before an&#39; my name&#39;s not Robert.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    got called this in HS because i hardly talked - i also like kevin smith&#39;s movies

9. Lounge   -   #19
    TRshady
    I get called &#39;B&#39; (thought it was short for baby ....) a lot from my girl in texts and mails ....
    Though my name is Tony, I better call her now and ask if she knows its me shes been going out with for the past few months ...

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    my nickname in the "real" world used to be Cheese for reasons I won&#39;t go into...and I&#39;m a big fan of Withnail and I...so I just combined the two to get my rather silly name.

As a sidenote to this, last week I went up to NUFC to meet some people on anther board I post on and being called Withcheese for the whole weekend was no fun...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast