Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R & B ?

Keikan's Avatar ........
    I thought it was rap & something else
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Lounge   -   #32
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    if it's pleasing to a person's ear, that's great..glad it's there.
    but if you listen to that crap around me, I'm going to laugh at you, take your wallet,
    and stick it in the dressing vat of the nearest salad bar.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Lounge   -   #33
    RHYTHM & BLUES. Happy Holidays!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@20 December 2003 - 03:21
    True, compostion is an art in itself, trouble being is most bands now have it done for them

I was talking to a guy about this the other day.
    There was a tv show here called "Faking It", it was basically take someone from 1 walk of life (eg mechanic) and train them in 3 months to be something else (eg actor) and they are then judged by pro's against Real actors.

One of these shows had a classical Chelist (sorry if thats spelt wrong, she plays the chello) and in 3 months she was trained as a DJ for clubs.
    She won, she convinced even Pete Tong that she had been doing it for 6 years yet she did'nt even know how to turn the thing on before this show.
    Now..........reverse that! Take a DJ and in 3 months have them convince pro's that they have been playing Chello for 6 years!

Impossible!!

Therefore there is not a lot to the art of DJing, sorry if thats harsh but no one can argue the above point!

Still respect to anyone who performs because it's something I can't do.

Jonno B)
    I could argue with that point jonno but I don't want to, as I agree with you
    BTW, as a music student, I feel I should tell you that it's spelt cello

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #35
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Music is a matter of perspective........
    I have been playing drums for 16 years
    I write my own compositions and lyrics.

However I do not consider myself superior
    to those artist that do not.

Many of the artist you mentioned Jonno are singers
    and their voices are their instruments.

This makes them less of an artist?
    Besides for the money thats in "pop" music.....
    I would shake my ass along with the best of them.

It sure beats the old 9-5
    I used to believe that there was such a thing
    as selling out........It was back when I lived with Mom
    and Dad.

Now that I pay the bills.........Where do I sign sir?

Peace brotherdoobie

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Keikan@20 December 2003 - 04:53
    I thought it was rap & something else
    It has been called Rap & Bullshit. This old term was used for rappers that fell off by trying to merge rap and R&B.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    What matters to me is what the finished thing sounds like. I'm not that fussed in the logistics of the creation. However I do not think synthesised music sounds the same as the real instrument. There simply aren't the same microtones and nuances.

I do not think you will ever get a machine which can create, or synthsise something like the guitar solo from Parissiene Walkways (The Ballads and Blues version). It is simply amazing, it was played that once and will never be played exactly the same way again.

To me, that is real music.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie@20 December 2003 - 11:52

Oh no, no, I have great respect for singers, it's something I've always wanted to do but can't, it saddens me that I can play a song on guitar, learn the lyrics in minutes but can't sing it for shit
    So I take nothing from vocalists at all, what annoys me is people who have everything done for them, lyrics, dance routines makeup the works!
    All they do is what they are told to do and get shed loads of money for it.
    It's handed to them on a plate and they take credit for stuff that is'nt theirs, plus!! 90% of the time these people can't sing live.........have you heard West Life or the Spice Girls LIVE?.........They suck, and they very often lipsink........badly
    Thats not artists, thats fakers.

Those who have real talent and the ability to perform I take my hat off to

I can't play in front of people, I get an involentry shake, not nerves but my hands shake and you can't play lead guitar like that, the only way round it is drink or drugs, neither of which I really want to do for that reason and I don't really want to go back to drugs anyway.
    I was offered £600 for a 1 hour set on New Years Eve, .........I turned it down for this reason.

So anyone who can perform I respect but I have no respect for fakers

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #39
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    @ I have no respect for fakers

I hoped that you spelled that right Jonno.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+20 December 2003 - 19:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 20 December 2003 - 19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brotherdoobie@20 December 2003 - 11:52

Oh no, no, I have great respect for singers, it&#39;s something I&#39;ve always wanted to do but can&#39;t, it saddens me that I can play a song on guitar, learn the lyrics in minutes but can&#39;t sing it for shit
    So I take nothing from vocalists at all, what annoys me is people who have everything done for them, lyrics, dance routines makeup the works&#33;
    All they do is what they are told to do and get shed loads of money for it.
    It&#39;s handed to them on a plate and they take credit for stuff that is&#39;nt theirs, plus&#33;&#33; 90% of the time these people can&#39;t sing live.........have you heard West Life or the Spice Girls LIVE?.........They suck, and they very often lipsink........badly
    Thats not artists, thats fakers.

Those who have real talent and the ability to perform I take my hat off to

I can&#39;t play in front of people, I get an involentry shake, not nerves but my hands shake and you can&#39;t play lead guitar like that, the only way round it is drink or drugs, neither of which I really want to do for that reason and I don&#39;t really want to go back to drugs anyway.
    I was offered £600 for a 1 hour set on New Years Eve, .........I turned it down for this reason.

So anyone who can perform I respect but I have no respect for fakers

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
    I also respect singers that also produce their own music but..
    When I buy or dl an album, I just care about what it sounds like on the CD.
    Let&#39;s say I liked the Spice Girls CD(which I don&#39;t). I could give two shits about their concert performance unless I paid money to see them.
    In the Hip-Hop arena there are a number of studio rappers, but hell if their album is tight I&#39;m still getting it.
    Most of the songs that hit the top charts are club (dance) songs. If you notice the trend with "gangsta" rap is their music isn&#39;t very gangsta at all. Notorious B.I.G. was one of the first. His music was very R&Bish.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast