Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Really Caught Saddam?

Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+23 December 2003 - 01:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 23 December 2003 - 01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:10
    The murdering bastard has been caught. That satisfies me.
    of course, that&#39;s the main thing...

i merely posted this due to the fact that i found the american proclamation of "we got him"&#33; to be incorrect [/b][/quote]
    "We" presumably referred to the Allied Forces. That&#39;s how I heard it.

I took it that We were partners, not a group of people supporting an American action.

I remain of that opinion.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:18

I took it that We were partners, not a group of people supporting an American action.

i never heard the kurdistan forces mentioned alongside the allied forces though...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    I just wish they threw a grenade in the hole like were going to until Saddam pussied out.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+23 December 2003 - 01:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 23 December 2003 - 01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:18

i never heard the kurdistan forces mentioned alongside the allied forces though... [/b][/quote]
    Were they not fighting the same enemy, or is that not enough for you.

What do you want, a piece of paper signed, a common language or ideology.

I really felt that the We referred to everyone who was against his regime. If you feel differently, that is cool. It is good that we can discuss the minutiae now. That generally means that the big issues, for the most part, have been dealt with.

Like I said before, there are always wheels within wheels, in this instance they bother me not one jot. However I have nothing but respect for the position you are taking

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by RAM%ROD@22 December 2003 - 23:29
    I just wish they threw a grenade in the hole like were going to until Saddam pussied out.
    intelligent debate indeed

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+23 December 2003 - 01:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 23 December 2003 - 01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RAM%ROD@22 December 2003 - 23:29
    intelligent debate indeed [/b][/quote]
    I agree - after my last, I so wish I had said what he said instead.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:31

I really felt that the We referred to everyone who was against his regime. If you feel differently, that is cool. It is good that we can discuss the minutiae now. That generally means that the big issues, for the most part, have been dealt with.

Like I said before, there are always wheels within wheels, in this instance they bother me not one jot. However I have nothing but respect for the position you are taking
    the whole affair just smacks of the "we saved your ass in world war 2" thinking...

you&#39;re right though

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+23 December 2003 - 01:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 23 December 2003 - 01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:18

i never heard the kurdistan forces mentioned alongside the allied forces though...[/b][/quote]
    Quibbling details is sour grapes.

"We" got him could mean many things depending on how far you need to twist them.

As an American, had the Kurdish soldiers pulled him out and given him to us, the statement would have been just as valid.

We do "got" (have physical possession) of him.

Had we said, "Americans have found him", that would have been different.

Such silly cheap comments really reveal more about the issues of the poster than anything else.

Thanks for that, Chipply vonShoulder.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+23 December 2003 - 01:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 23 December 2003 - 01:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:31

the whole affair just smacks of the "we saved your ass in world war 2" thinking...

you&#39;re right though [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s part of the deal mate.

It&#39;s like having a really big and strong best pal. They think that you like them and that they are part of the gang, when in fact you keep them about to scare the bad boys away.

So if they want to believe (and shout about) how big and clever they are, it is cool. It keeps them happy and ensures that they will be there the next time you need them. Even tho&#39; someone else did the actual thinking for them.

They aren&#39;t really that clever, but would you tell your big, dead hard mate that. No, I think not. You would say "You are right JimBob, way to go big man. Do you want some more bacon on your buttered waffle and another chilled beer perhaps".

That&#39;s how it works. They may be hard of thinking, but they are handy to have about.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    All I care about is that Saddam is caught, the rest is irrelevant. I didn&#39;t vote for Bush the first time, and I won&#39;t in 2004.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast