Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running Out Of Room!

Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    You can also lower the amount of space system restore and recycle bin use.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Having the same problem. My hard disk is all most full. (80g) half of which is Kazaa Lite and my Shared folder related.

Tried TMCGenc but splitting the movie files to burn onto CDs just don't work. Tried different settings but I keep getting error codes when I start the final process of the program.

Tried different formats, different folders to save the split in both CD and in hard drive folders. So far nothing works in the final process.

I'm running Windows XP on a 2gz machine with 1gig of memory. I've heard the slider control sometimes is a part of the error but I even bypassed that by typing in the endding point number the next time around.
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To be or not to be, I&#39;m just here for the beer like any true CANADIAN...uh ooooh??
    Sorry I just burped and farted and it really reeeeeeeks&#33;
    </td></tr></table><div class='signature'>

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Instead of making them viewable on a DVD player, just burn them as DATA (i&#39;m talking about .avi&#39;s now). It saves time on encoding. After you clear you space up, then try encoding and such.

@jagger: Encode the whole movie and then split it. Make sure you extracted the WAV from the .avi and then chose the avi for the video and the wav for the audio then try encoding.

@original poster: .vob&#39;s are for DVD so unless you have a DVD burner and DVD-R/RW&#39;s, your stuck. You also said you had .mpg&#39;s... Make sure they&#39;re less than 700 megs (or unless you have bigger discs) and burn as a VideoCD. If they&#39;re bigger than 700 megs, you can split them. As for avi&#39;s, do what I said above.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Shinigami&#39;s right
    Posted on 16 March 2003 - 19:00
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instead of making them viewable on a DVD player, just burn them as DATA (i&#39;m talking about .avi&#39;s now). It saves time on encoding. After you clear you space up, then try encoding and such.
    You will need the space when you decide to start converting have a look around this site vcdhelp my prefrence is tmpgenc. Then burn with nero express...(i wouldn&#39;t convert with nero the results may not be great) the conversion process is lengthy but worth it nero seems to burn fairly fast... PS. hardrive are getting cheaper...

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Whoa&#33; Hey I&#39;m new to encoding but I&#39;m only running Roxio&#39;s Cd Creater and I don&#39;t have a DVD Recorder just a CD-RW. Extracting the wave file???

Help me please....I don&#39;t understand how this is done. The video files running from 670 to 780kb are what I need to split to burn onto 650mb CDs. I can burn them as data files once this is done. Burning my CDs as VCDs just don&#39;t seem to be enabled in Roxio&#39;s software although the option is there, it is grayed out when setting up my CD burner. Basically all I can do is drag and drop, or set it up for music or a data CD.

I&#39;ve been able to burn those cheap TMD movies that are already split to a usable size but the good DVD burns above 650mb are what I&#39;m trying to split with TMPGenc application.
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To be or not to be, I&#39;m just here for the beer like any true CANADIAN...uh ooooh??
    Sorry I just burped and farted and it really reeeeeeeks&#33;
    </td></tr></table><div class='signature'>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12