Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Earthstationv

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

You have got to be kiding me.Did you see all that shit it claims it is going to have.Please....if any network was going to have a sex room it would be ours.Ahhhhh yeah.....I forget we already do.

2. File Sharing   -   #32

3. File Sharing   -   #33

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    [QUOTE]Can you trust something that has all these domains? [QUOTE]

Just another way of spamming your name throughout the net, i think.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Maybe they have watched and learned. Could be just a way of protecting their name?

Maybe Kazaa should have done this and registered http://www.kazza.com, http://www.kaaza.com/, http://www.kaazaa.com etc. etc. etc.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    your right, that was a good idea. I thought of that but then i was like " this isn't cheap" ... maybe they have more money to spend then they know what to do with it...

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    Okay, I thought on a whim to d/l the ES5, it doesn't like Win98 much, holy crap the damage it did to my registry. I took a look at their forum, I know it's in the developmental stage, but if you're going to try it, wait for them to fix some of the bugs. It's got a lot of them. I'm surprised they released it so soon, I know you gotta test it, but still.......

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Es5 saying it will have faster speeds by using dedicated servers is a facade. No way it could be faster than p2p. What happens when you have multiple computers(users) trying to connect to a single or multiple servers ??? LAG LAG LAG Especially when the users are DL'ing files. The users will far outway the servers .
    Then how do you overcome this??? More servers. More servers=more$$$

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    I'm testing it right now, and it does seem to be very buggy - but hell, it's a beta, what do you expect.
    I got speeds last night which were incredible in the true sense of the word (150K with a 768k line) but some errors prevented the downloads from completion, and they disappeared without a trace (it attempted to use multiple sources and failed miserably).
    I gave it another shot today and had mediocre speeds (around 50K) but at least the two movies I downloaded were completed and error free.
    Since they were single source http pulls, I would have been surprised if it was any different.

I don't think I am ready to judge it yet, since it is a beta, and since no real average sized network with 1,000,000 or more users exists to run a meaningful test. Money doesn't seem to be much of an issue for them at the moment, and they are indeed planning to expand their already pretty impressive server array.

I think they stirred up a lot of hype and suspicion at the same time, and so far neither of them seem to be justified. If you are curious, you should check it out, but if you want to see the real performance you'd better wait until they release a bug-free version and have all of their servers up and squeezed by more users than a handful of beta testers.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster
    To each their own. I have made my thoughts clear on this matter. I would certainly not use such a system until I have a better idea of what (and who) is behind it. Caveat emptor as they say.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast