Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea For A Wee Bit Of Fun

Poster
    Far off to the west he counted the torches of the townspeople. He was sure the Witch Hunter was stirring them up into an angry mob.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Excellent idea guys! Very innovative.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    While we&#39;re on it, why don&#39;t we have a few &#39;Best of 2003&#39; awards?

Here&#39;s a few I had brewed up in five minutes and three pints of Carlsberg

Post of the Year
    Topic of the Year
    Member of the Year
    Post Whore of the Year
    Flame/Flamer of the Year
    Marked Man of the Year (Hypo, SharePro et al might as well be eligible for one award )
    Most Mysterious Member of the Year
    Senior Member of the Year
    Member Who Had Tried to Act Mysterious But Ended Up Looking F***ing Nuts of the Year ( )
    Memorable Event of the Year
    Moderator of the Year
    Administrator of the Year
    Special Achievement

If it happens, I&#39;d especially want to suggest "Radio Show of the Year" for those few who made it on either the Lounge or KLB Radio. I&#39;d probably have to remove my name of such a nomination list nach (being the Station Manager, don&#39;t want favouritism etc), but I&#39;d still be interested to see how that would turn out

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I wanted to find the annamiller&#33; topic but it seems to have been deleted.

That was priceless&#33;

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Poster
    Nice one ID

People could post what / who they were nominating and what award it was for.

As BOT said, with a link to the appropriate thread / link if possible / appropriate.

However I don&#39;t think things should be precluded just because people can&#39;t be specific. I would rather people posted what they could remember and maybe someone can help them find the original thread. That way we are more likely to get a better selection of ideas.

As JJ said we can do this until just after Christmas. Then admin and mods can decide what polls to set up and get them posted (pinned ?) until a wee bit into January. I am sure no-one would object if they added a few things to the list(s) to make them a bit competitive.

As an example :

I would like to nominate fugley, for a post where he said "I am going to get a life sized tattoo of an arse .... on my arse" , in the funniest post category. However I can&#39;t remember where it was.

If I find it I will update this post.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:07
    http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=58343
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+23 December 2003 - 01:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 23 December 2003 - 01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:07
    http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=58343 [/b][/quote]

Top Man of the Day Award.

I may have to consider giving a Top Man of The Year Award.

That however is not open to vote - That is in the Gift of The Academy.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Poster
    I would like to nominate Hypo

In the Troll of the Year Category.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    excellent idea.
    /me can&#39;t wait to participate.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Well seeing as it&#39;s currently gone, I wish to nominate the following people for the awards I mentioned earlier
    =======================
    Topic of the Year - Riddler&#39;s Gauntlet (Lounge, Started by Riddler)

Member of the Year - Funky Capricorn

Post Whore of the Year - Adthomp

Flame/Flamer of the Year - balamm, for the aggressiveness of some of his replies, now and then sprinkled with the light spice of bullshit

Marked Man of the Year - Hypoluxa3k (Every f***ing where). Special runners-up mention to The Guy Who Name Becomes [SPAM], for his determined efforts to spam his crappy site, even to go as far as make bullshitty sob stories about his imaginary girlfriend in order to get saps to give him cash

Senior Member of the Year - JPaul (now J&#39;Pol). Special runners-up mentions to hobbes & clocker.

Most Mysterious Member of the Year - Clocker. Hobbes comes close

Member Who Had Tried to Act Mysterious But Ended Up Looking F***ing Nuts of the Year - Mr JP Fugley

Memorable Event of the Year - Random Nut&#39;s expose on the remote delete vulnerability in then-P2P rival EarthStation 5. Nominated due to its rocking the P2P world and a mass war occuring on both sides of K-Lite & ES5

Moderator of the Year - Lamsey. Nominated primarily for his performance in doing his job and his role (i.e. remaining unbiased in practically all discussions), as well as for the bonus points for his dedication to the community.

Administrator of the Year - Darker [Posthumous], for his time as the forum host. His time when he took us from the temp Phorum and not had a significant downtime since made him stand out for this nomination.

Special Achievement - Now disbanded K++ team of Paul, random nut, Rocko, Hashain et al. What was achieved in Kazaa Lite was due to these guys plus others, and their hard work led to the admission that Sharman really were s***ing themselves&#33;

As for the Radio Show of the Year award, I&#39;m gonna PM a mod to add it in the KL Radio forum v.soon - It will be interesting to see what the People&#39;s Choice was concerning the shows especially when we had some cracking shows (not that I&#39;m saying that the Illuminati show was one of them... :-").
    That is, unless anyone objects to it being created

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast