Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Copyright

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Bump

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Originally posted by neevakee+24 December 2003 - 05:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neevakee @ 24 December 2003 - 05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-timanfiya@23 December 2003 - 11:57

Thanks for advice, but I&#39;m a bit unsure about blocking / importing the ips of those "shitheads who will sue" me?????

How do I know what those ips are , how do I find them??

Do I just configure zone alarm pro to block them??

Sorry but I really know jack shit about firewalls and ips etc.. which is probably why I got caught out in the first place&#33;&#33;&#33;

Anyone plz help???&#33;&#33;"&#33;&#33;&#33;
    All right here is what you can do download the program from the following site and enjoy. Make sure you read the instructions or you will get very confused. http://home.comcast.net/~zaupdate/ credi is given to james_bond_rulez for this link [/b][/quote]
    just upgraded to Zone Alarm Pro and installed and ran the update - got all the ips blocked now, thanks&#33;&#33;&#33;

Is there any point in installing peerguardian now I have this update?

Does anyone have a good info link on what ips I will need to allow in order to use bittorrent with Zone Alam Pro and on how I do this??

Is there anything else I can do to prevent being caught out again by peeps like universal. ??

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    *deleted post*
    Last edited by Mobas; 07-15-2006 at 01:02 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Might think about giving up on bittorrent then, atleast for the time being.

In the mean time got another prob now, Certain sights such as the cd cover sight i use won&#39;t work properly with zone alarm pro on and the blocked ips.

I don&#39;t really understand how I can get past this without turning the firewall off&#33;&#33;?

Can anyone help, or show me a link that is simple to understand&#33;?

Cheers

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    the only point to them (bad ips) is that it would prevent them form accesing your file therefor leagaly they can not prove you are sharing the file. Although they cna twist it and turn it any way also peergaurdain is a sort of firewall but it only blocks certain ips as aposed to ZA it blocks all the bad things. Also on the sygate issue i know the answer i just don&#39;t have the time. Have to go have christmas eve dinner with family. I will get back to you on that.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by neevakee@24 December 2003 - 23:59
    the only point to them (bad ips) is that it would prevent them form accesing your file therefor leagaly they can not prove you are sharing the file. Although they cna twist it and turn it any way also peergaurdain is a sort of firewall but it only blocks certain ips as aposed to ZA it blocks all the bad things. Also on the sygate issue i know the answer i just don&#39;t have the time. Have to go have christmas eve dinner with family. I will get back to you on that.
    Many thanks. Have a great Christmas neevakee

Samurai

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    very simply, notify your ISP that the file has been deleted, was just something named wrong, was something someone else had
    downloaded...whatever, really.
    they don&#39;t care.
    the letter, from their perspective, is simply a CYA move so the MPAA or whoever doesn&#39;t sue them.
    If your ISP can say that they were told, in good faith, that you&#39;d removed the file, or disabled sharing, or sold your computer
    to a drug dealer for your crack habit, they&#39;re happy.

ISPs know quite well that the main attraction of more expensive high-speed connections is p2p. As long as they&#39;re getting their money,
    they&#39;re happy.
    Don&#39;t sweat the letter, have fun with it.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Just been speaking to my brother and he seems to think that when they catch you on bittorent they put something onto your harddrive so they can see whatever else you download in future. He thinks I need to format my drive because it can&#39;t be deleted. Does anyone know about this??

Anyway thanks to all and have a very merry christmas&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by timanfiya@25 December 2003 - 04:37
    Just been speaking to my brother and he seems to think that when they catch you on bittorent they put something onto your harddrive so they can see whatever else you download in future. He thinks I need to format my drive because it can&#39;t be deleted. Does anyone know about this??

Anyway thanks to all and have a very merry christmas&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    mmm yeah ur brother is bsing u

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    timanfaya,
    The best advice you are going to find on this board comes from James Bond Rulez. BUT.............you will have to read the entire thread to fully understand all the issues. Here&#39;s the link again:

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?show...iew=getnewpost

Using an IP block list does nothing. Think about it. All one would have to do is look into your shared folder from a different IP address. The only way to solve this problem is through a combination of encryption AND blocking your IP address via a proxy server. Anonx.com is the way to go at the moment. For a lousy &#036;5.95, you can have peace of mind. Think about all the time and grief you would avoid by doing this. Isn&#39;t that worth &#036;5.95?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast