Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not Converting, Sometimes Deleting .dat Files!

BANNED
    Originally posted by xackitt@25 December 2003 - 10:56
    Musleman, when download is complete the file is listed in my shared folder so the path to the folder is correct, the only problem is that it is still a dat-file and that it is not converted into an avi-file.
    A few hours later the file was deleted, i went to the temp file, but nothing there, also i did a search for the dat file but still nothing.
    It is important to know that all this happened after cleaning up my pc with 'ace utilities' and 'easy computing pc cleaner'.
    I tried dowloading some other smaller movies (1 to 5 mb), and i had no problem playing them, kazaa converted them in avi-files like kazaa does it all the time.
    I'll download some other divx and xvid movies and tell you what happens to them.
    thx, xack.
    just becuser the dat file is in your shared folder does not mean it has the right path some times they stay there but don't change form, in this case sounds like a corupt file klite deleted

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    ok i have the same problem...

First i had Clean KMD 2.6, and the finished movie files wouldnt convert from .dat to .avi, .wmv or .mpg.
    Other things like .exe .zip .txt files converts just fine just fine.

Uninstalled/reinstalled... still same problem.

then tried to downgrade to Clean KMD 2.4.4 (having read somewhere that 2.6 could be buggy)

Well didn't solve it

Thanks in advance

Winners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12