Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's With The Riaa?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    The Future Of Music

Read this,it is long but it is a good story from lasst sunday.I have been saying this for awhile now.....we will not be buying CDs in the future.....hell I have Ripped all my collection and threw the real CDs in a box.....told a freind he can have them if he wants.....I don't need them no more.

Maybe this should be put in our new room the MusicWorld.

2. Music   -   #22
    I believe the point his was trying to make is that piracy isn't the only factor to consider when looking at the broader picture.
    If I analyze my own behaviour/habits over the past 25 years, I can't say there is a significant difference between now and then - I used to tape records and CDs I liked, and now I'm downloading or ripping them. If I needed a perfect copy for mixing I'd buy the CD or the Vinyl.

edit: o captain, my captain?

3. Music   -   #23
    i read that article but who ever wrote it still doesn't understand p2p file sharing and people today , i don't care if the song costs a dollar or even 20 cents , i'm simply not going to pay for it . Why ,why in the whole wide world would i pay for something that i can find for free?

4. Music   -   #24
    Convenience, impatience, moral issues, whatever...
    I haven't heard xxx-paysites complaining about filesharing.

We might also still need at least one person who is actually buying the stuff, ripping it and putting it on the net. So please don't discourage him/her.

My CD-writer doesn't burn vinyl.

I don't always know beforehand what I want. I would feel silly going to a recordshop just to write down what I liked and look for it on the net afterwards. At least 65% of what I do like, I wouldn't find here anyway. 50% of the stuff I buy, is from very small record labels. I don't mind putting "Tower records" out of business with my filesharing habits, they suck anyway. But I would mind effecting small independent labels.
    That is the point I was trying to make earlier: Not all of us feel the same way, nor should they.

The future of filesharing is by no means certain. It seems to work now, so let's enjoy the benefits. And to all the prophets of doom out there: Radio survived the launch of TV, vinyl survived the advent of CDs, cinema survived the DVD-age, for there will always be good reasons to have a choice, and choice is exactly what makes our lives interesting.

5. Music   -   #25
    they are simple in a way. ppl who will shut down you fav p2p apps, we sites and software withch could result in illagel use. or witch could produce illagle use (cd copying softwae)

6. Music   -   #26
    I think their current tactics are threefold:

1. They try to get ISPs to support them in order to actively discourage people from filesharing. This seems to be a short-term tactic in order to prevent people from believing they are just exploring some legal limbo, or that there is no realistic chance whatsoever to get caught.

2. They are trying to get hardware manufacturers to support them (Fritz chip).

3. They are trying to get software giants like Microsoft to support them (Palladium, which has a new name now I can't remember).

The latter two are certainly long-term tactics, and how successful they are going to be - only time will tell.

I think they noticed by now that going after the developers/distributors of filesharing programs is ineffective. They might manage to close one network, and two others enter the stage. Even if they manage to make filesharing more difficult I don't think they will be able to stop as long as there are people out there with the intent, the ability and the courage to make it happen.

7. Music   -   #27
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes there winning little bitches

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123