Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Need A Way To Block People Who Don't Share!

Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by Tonkatsu@29 December 2003 - 12:44
    I can't seem to download off of anyone new when I jump supernodes? Do I have to start a brand new search/download when I jump?
    just rightclick and select "find more source" or use speedup/accelerator

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    I've tried that, it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Ah well, I guess it's just too rare a file.

Well, thanks for trying, and I'm sorry if I was rude with you but I wasjust upset with the people who were flaming me and frustrated at not being able to find what I was looking for.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    BANNED
    Tonkatsu you are looking for answers but you aren't ready to give up a little?

man.... learn what p2p network is for....THEN we talk about this "bullshit" you think i'm talking about...

i leave my computer on 24/7....kazaa is always open.... its set to start automatically if my computer restarts..... u know how many downloads im getting? ZERO. Yet im sharing my entire computer for ppl to get whatever they want....

get it? got it? GOOD.

now stop whining on something that already know but really dont give a rats ass about

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Would you just shut the fuck up until you learn a) what the fuck youlre talking about, and B) what the fuck is going on?

I DO WANT TO FUCKING GIVE TO THE GODDAMNED COMMUNITY, DESPITE THYE BEST EFFORTS OF ASSHOLES LIKE YOU TO SOUR MY OPINOONS OF MY SO-CALLED 'PEERS' If I didn't want to fucking share, I wouldn't be here asking how to block ONE FUCKING PERSON, I'd have just turned off sharing entirely. So learn what the fuck you're talking about before you open your cock-garage again.

Second, learn what the fuck is going on!
    I was actually getting help.
    I had already decided to stop trying to do something about assholes who take without giving anything back.
    I had even resigned to the fact that the file I want is probably too rare
    In other words
    I HAD ALREADY SHUT UP AND WAS ABOUT TO LET THEN ENTIRE MATTER DROPPED BEFORE YOU HAD TO OPEN YOUR FUCKING CUMCATCHER AND BRING ME BACK IN.

Here's a fucking newsflash, needledick, if you want me tos hut up and go away then QUIT FUCKING TALKING TO ME! I realize your premature ejaculations have caused a severely shortened attention span, but if you would wait for more than the three seconds it takes you to get off on your sister's My Little Pony collection you;d haver realized that I WAS ALREADY SHUTTING THE FUCK UP AND GOING THE FUCK AWAY

Jesus fucking christ.
    Between the angry fucking flames telling me to be fucking nice and the lectures on morality from fucking thieves, and the idiot telling me to shut up and go away after I already have, I'm beginning to think I've been trapped in some twisted mirror universe that feeds off of irony and stupidity.

And, on that note, I'm going to leave...AGAIN. Just so you k now, that means I'll be shutting the fuck up, stopping my whining and taking my grincy attitude elsewhere. I know it wasn't obvious to you when I startyed being nice again and actually resolved the original issues that brought me here, so I'm telling you now in the simplest terms possible that 'm already leaving. I already WAS leaving, and any firther attempt to contact em would not just be futile, but would also prove what a complete fucking moron you are.

Thanks, by the way, go to Vargas. You were mature enough to actually try to help me and for that I am grateful. I'm sorry if I caused you any inconveniance.

The rest of you, however, can gather around and share this communal FUCK OFF from me to you.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    muchspl2

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    sporkpimp
    I DO WANT TO FUCKING GIVE TO THE GODDAMNED COMMUNITY
    No, you don't. You want to give to the people who give to you.

There are programs designed to assist you if that is what you seek. Fast-Track clients are not designed to that end. Soulseek, WinMX, those programs have features for exactly what you want to do... which is trade. You aren't banning people who don't share, you're banning people who won't give YOU something when you give THEM something.

"I give you A if and only if you give me B."

That's a trade.

"I'll add my A to the pile in the middle of the room, and take whatever I want that others have donated."

That's sharing.

Cope.

if you want me tos hut up and go away then QUIT FUCKING TALKING TO ME
    I see.

So every time someone says something to or about you, you have to respond. Is this a psychological thing, or some kind of forum bushido, or what?

the idiot telling me to shut up and go away after I already have
    Obviously you already have.

Hence you making this post.
    The rest of you, however, can gather around and share this communal FUCK OFF from me to you.
    See, if you take something and give it only to one specific person, that's not SHARING, and it's not COMMUNAL.

So once again, you prove to have a faulty understanding of the concept of "community."

-SporkPimp
    How's this for a first post?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Just my opinion though, which probably ain't crap to any of you, but isn't this network about "EVERYONE" sharing. I share everything I have. Even stuff that I download other places goes into my shared folder. I allow 5 slots to connect to me. Sometimes I just sit right clicking on those users want a rare file and see if they are sharing. If not then I will cancel them until somone else takes their slot. I feel that if I share, Everyone should. Peers = those equal to you in a group or class. I share so I expect all should share that are on the network. IMHO I think this will be the downfall of the peer to peer. Everyone keeping files to themselves.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    I've had a couple people send me a message bitching about me not sharing but I always shared. I had over 2500 songs and several games that I was sharing but these people couldn't find anything when they searched me. Why? I don't know, thats why I hate punting people if I can't find any of their files.
    Now those people were sharing you just have to wait your turn the way they probably had to wait their turn to start downloading your files. Just need a little patience unless your currently dieing from cancer or something and may go at anytime.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by sporkpimp@30 December 2003 - 02:08
    How's this for a first post?
    A real good one for sure Welcome aBoard, and enjoy Your stay!

BOT

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    If you really feel u must cut them off, tho I wouldn't bother, just change your port

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast