Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omg I Did It! Flown From Vancouver To Kenndy!

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    you flightsim? nice dude! same here, and we're both from canada, and if your from vancouver, i'll get a little paranoid :helpsmile: . i like getting the addon planes from www.flightsim.com i love the airbus a340. oh ya, and the 747-400 and the 777-300 in fs2004, the virtual cockpits are the way to go if you have a good comp that can handle it. right now, i have a whole partitioned drive (8 gb's) devoted to fs2004, addon sceneries and planes and traffic, the works. i don't know, but i might try and become a commercial/airline pilot when i grow up, i'll look into it more.

EDIT: 367 hours logged in fs2004 w00tw00t!! and i only fly with the big jets with ils approaches using VOR navigation, i thought i would never get the hang of VOR, but meh, the information in fs2004 is vast. oh ya iceman, this isn't directed at the other members on the board, just to james_bond_rulez and other flight simmers.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #22
    can someone give me a KAZAA link cause bittorent dont work for me.

ta!(thnx in english )

3. Games   -   #23
    i don't think it's on kazaa. go buy yours like i did! it's really worth it, plus i got my yoke (flight control steering wheel thing that they use on jets) from futureshop for 120 bucks (i got a huge discount, family members have good positions there ). keep trying bittorrent, i think that's your best bet, just leave it on for a while. otherwise, use emule. i never use kazaa anymore for games/software, even the verifieds are questionabale.

btw, i'm building my 4 engine throttle quadrant http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=ma.../modu/part4.htm . i'll have to modify it so it has the 4 engine config and the "enrich mixture" lever is used as the 2nd spoiler lever (on jets, you can use the spoilers as ailerons) or just replace it with something like the landing gear lever. can't wait till it's finished!

4. Games   -   #24
    Poster
    is it just me? or did some of the post in here get deleted...i swear to god i remember this thread being 3 pages long

5. Games   -   #25
    someone in here hates pilots

6. Games   -   #26
    Double Agent
    woah hey capt. my solute to u

u r even more hardcore then i am all i got is a 8 year old 4 buttom 2 axis old Gravis joystick and keyboard to navigate

i have not quite mastered the art of flight instrument approach and using the ils and vor approach since they are only using in small planes and only if the gps on my jet got stroke by lightening

otherwise i am quite accustomed to flying with the new gps guidence system and i do take the helm manually and only use auto pilots system only when I am 10,000 feet and above

finally found a fellow simer

7. Games   -   #27
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@31 December 2003 - 19:48
    woah hey capt. my solute to u

u r even more hardcore then i am    all i got is a 8 year old 4 buttom 2 axis old Gravis joystick    and keyboard to navigate

i have not quite mastered the art of flight instrument approach and using the ils and vor approach since they are only using in small planes and only if the gps on my jet got stroke by lightening 

otherwise i am quite accustomed to flying with the new gps guidence system and i do take the helm manually and only use auto pilots system only when I am 10,000 feet and above 

finally found a fellow simer
    good job. i still remember when i started off, man, i sucked big time. "duh, what does this button do". it took me 2 years (i had fs2000 back then, never did buy fs2002) to actually grasp the VOR concept and another year to fully understand it and use it in navigation and landing/approach. and to think, i learned and did all of that without ever flying a 747 before . i have flown cessna's b4, but only about 30 accumulated hours in real life (GPS navigation, from vancouver to victoria and up to northwest territories once, with family and a damn good pilot of course, in fact, that pilot never did trust me at the controls.). anyways keep it up, finally did find a simmer on this board .

EDIT: my first real/actual VOR navigated flight was on a a340 from frankfurt to toronto. man, was that flight smooth. that flight proved to me that practice makes perfect

8. Games   -   #28
    Double Agent
    wow damn maybe we can fly together sometime, you or i can host a session together

9. Games   -   #29
    sounds good to me, and the ping won't be bad either

10. Games   -   #30
    Poster
    Flight sim is cool and if you wanna train as a pilot, no better place to start, regardless wether its completely real or not it does actually include many of the mandatory reading needed to take lessons and tests and does maximise the affects in order to be able to handle a plane.
    Like all sim's its not completely accurate but its the next best thing available to non-military civi's who enjoy flight.

I think its cool that JB managed it, I tried a flight from one side of NYC to the other and ended up getting lost and crashing in the middle of the ocean!

Nice one, I thin I need to go back to lesson one

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast