Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Always Yellow Status Light!

Originally posted by freak@31 December 2003 - 09:02
    yes I put the correct ip address in and saved and reset the modem... what happens is the pages don't show up... and i tried to do an upgrade but there isn't one
    I'm out of ideas

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    muchspl2
    call you isp
    you pay for service, ask them to help you open ports say its for a game are whatever and you need 1250 -1255 open
    but instead on your end open 6881-6889 they should walk you through it if you can't figure it out

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ok i guess i'll do that or i'll just ask them to send me a diffrent modem without a firewall... it alot eaiser to use my own...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah I always get the yellow light and only like 5KBs max...its fucking anoying
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    NoRemorse's Avatar Member
    Attempting to fix that prob this very second. Using TorrentStorm always gettin' the yellow status light. My Hayes 'Zoom X4 ADSL Modem/Router' has a built in NAT (dynamic NAPT) firewall too. With help from the manual I have just forwarded each necessary port (created a virtual server for each) and I'm about to "Write Settings to Flash and Reboot" my modem.

Wish me luck B)

Edit: Just wondering whether Zone Alarm has any bearing over the built in firewall ? Since I allowed TorrentStorm access to the internet with Zone Alarm, does that not give it access to the necessary ports ?

Edit2: Forwarding the ports (6881-6884 set in TorrentStorm) seems to have done the trick for me. LED status lights are now green Hopefully better speeds overall.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    muchspl2
    thats all you need is allow it, and open ports, for some reason people have lots of trouble opening portshope freak get it and glad your set up

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    TorrentStorm 1.1 Help - Yellow - The downloader has not received any incoming connections.

This may be due to your computer being behind a firewall or router which is blocking the incoming connections. TorrentStorm will work ok in this state, but if you can enable access for incoming connections, this will improve your download rates.

So how come I could actually receive data when my firewall was blocking the ports. It says "TorrentStorm will work ok in this state"

How ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    So how come I could actually receive data when my firewall was blocking the ports. It says "TorrentStorm will work ok in this state"
    Your router/firewall is not blocking all ports. It is allowing the ports you forwarded.

TorrentStorm 1.1 Help - Yellow - The downloader has not received any incoming connections.
    These incoming connections are not in the range you forwarded. They are outside of the port range set in BT. or your router. Bt uses a wide range of ports. Even with my BT range set to 6881 thru 6891, it listens for connections on 3119 and above. These are the extra connection that are blocked and slowing the downloads. It will cause a yellow status indicator.

In zone alarm, BT needs internet access and server rights to run properly. In some firewalls this means giving it unrestricted access.

If your router allowed it, you could set a wide range of ports for BT. I checked in the Zoom X-4 guide and it does not allow a range of ports to be set.

The only option I see is to set the router configuration to DMZ while you run BT. This opens all ports which means you need a software firewall running.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Originally posted by Jg427@4 January 2004 - 04:26
    Your router/firewall is not blocking all ports. It is allowing the ports you forwarded.
    I meant before I had forwarded any ports. And the ports that BT uses were blocked. How come I can download/upload at all when the necessary ports were blocked ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I know how to forward ports. just not when its built into the modem. i called my provider they went to guide me through it and they told me to do the same thing i was already doing?!?!? I think i just need a new modem. cause if u mess with any of the setting and don't leave it set to default the modem stops responding... *shurgs*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast