Thread: Torrentstorm Query

NoRemorse's Avatar Member
    Just started using TorrentStorm 1.1 and was wondering if I set off one torrent, and left another couple in idle status, is there a way to make them start to download when previous torrent starts to seed (leaving the seeding torrent open of course)

Help appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I know you can using "ABC" but Im not sure about "TorrentStorm"
    sorry

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hmm.. I never tried that.
    Why would you want to do that anyway? Is there a problem with just letting them all run? It shouldn't kill your bandwidth.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    NoRemorse's Avatar Member
    Depends on your bandwidth

I have UK ADSL (512/256) and if I&#39;m uploading 20-30 kB/s I get decent download rates, but if I shared the upload speed between 3 torrents for example, it would prob eventually even out to 10 kB/s or just be dead slow download for a couple of them. Either way, download rates wouldn&#39;t be as fast.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    hmm not sure but make sure you check the settings, there are some, but like stated earlier for more complex handling options i would have to opt for ABC... (i use it for maintaing uploads after using Shadows client to download...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Originally posted by NoRemorse@3 January 2004 - 11:10
    Depends on your bandwidth

I have UK ADSL (512/256) and if I&#39;m uploading 20-30 kB/s I get decent download rates, but if I shared the upload speed between 3 torrents for example, it would prob eventually even out to 10 kB/s or just be dead slow download for a couple of them. Either way, download rates wouldn&#39;t be as fast.
    I see. Well, it&#39;s not neccasarily going to split the bandwidth amongst the downloads exactly. I know what you mean because I&#39;ve seen this happen on my system, but I don&#39;t think that would occur with only three torrents. I try to keep my maximum torent to a minimum, but I&#39;ve only noticed any diffreence at all when running like 5 torrents or more.

Sorry, but as far as I know, you can&#39;t set a domino effect like timer using torrentstorm.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.