Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Create A Government

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@2 January 2004 - 17:41
    A government that doesnt say,

"i will never introduce a GST" and then he does after winning

Or a prime minister i should say
    been a while since i lived in the uk "GST" ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I had a government planned, I can't remember all the details. The basis was there are 3 leaders. Each party chooses there leader. Terms are 3 years. Each year, the leaders position would rotate. For ex. The democrat would be head of the judicial branch, the next year head of the legislative branch, and the final year head of the exectutive branch. To pass a bill or do anything, you need at least 2 out of 3 vote.

One leader would be voted in each year, and there terms always start in the judicial branch. (So, a republican is voted in for the judicial branch, the next year a democrate is for the judicial branch, and the next year an independent is voted in for the judicial branch, and the next year it's the republicans again)

There was a bunch more to help with flaws in the systen, but I can't remember most of it.

This would stop democrats from passing a bunch of bills, and then republicans take over and undo the bills, and democrats come and redo them. It would hopefully keep things more ballanced.

(Sorry for mis-spellings, my monitor is going crazy, I can hardly read what I am typing)
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Nah,

Australia.

I want to go to go Japan for a holiday

I have no idea why i added that. I must be tired.

1:06 am here

I like Jap chicks

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Ankh-Morpork had dallied with many forms of government and had ended up with that form of democracy known as One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man; he had the Vote.

-- Discworld politics explained (Terry Pratchett, Mort)
    but I like this better:

The only things known to go faster than ordinary light is monarchy, according to the philosopher Ly Tin Weedle. He reasoned like this: you can't have more than one king, and tradition demands that there is no gap between kings, so when a king dies the succession must therefore pass to the heir instantaneously. Presumably, he said, there must be some elementary particles -- kingons, or possibly queons -- that do this job, but of course succession sometimes fails if, in mid-flight, they strike an anti-particle, or republicon. His ambitious plans to use his discovery to send messages, involving the careful torturing of a small king in order to modulate the signal, were never fully expanded because, at that point, the bar closed.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)
    source

5. Lounge   -   #25
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Makes perfect sense to me.

Do we get talking luggage too?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i'll be finance minister.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    ForbiddenDNA's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for all of your ideas!
    I want this thread to continue on, so I'll refresh the page, and make it goes on top.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123