Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Right Click On "traffic" Files [option]

XP's built in firewall is gay...it stops incoming traffic fine but it lets every thing out .Bill Gates designed it that way for one reason

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@7 January 2004 - 02:41
    (...)Bill Gates designed it that way for one reason
    Which is ???

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    you are right about the instructions, after i posted my question i went looking for it and found it but was too scared to disable the function because i think its supposed to protect my pc from bad things. if i disable it what problems can i incur and are you able to get any more information about it ie. if the firewall is disabled download speeds increase. lastly you have stated, you have never made contact with an english version of xp, so i am now assuming you are not from uk, i mean of course u can have xp in non english in uk but i think the chances are slimmer than you being outside of uk. am i closing in on you yet?

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    About my location.
    Earth: 510*10^6 sq km
    UK: 244,820 sq km

Hell yea, you're closing on me.

If you disable it i don't think that you will incur any problems. Get yourself a good antivirus program with built-in firewall.

Originally posted by zedd@7 January 2004 - 02:48
    (...)and are you able to get any more information about it ie.(...)
    What do you mean ?

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    you said it was like the blind leading a cripple, i thought you meant that you were not to sure if disabling the firewall will increase download speeds. i have disable my firewall but the speeds have not changed and if i get a new firewall installed that will probably do the same thing as the xp firewall- which is reduce download speed , that is if the firewall is really making a difference

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    My knowladge about WinXP built-in MS firewall is based upon opinions of people of this here board.
    To be honest, i've used few firewalls and none of them had a big influence on my d/l or u/l speeds
    However a good firewall from third party company will increse your system security and joint with a good antivirus program will increse safety.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Originally posted by Autumn Fox+7 January 2004 - 15:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Autumn Fox @ 7 January 2004 - 15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DVD PIRATE III@7 January 2004 - 02:41
    (...)Bill Gates designed it that way for one reason
    Which is ??? [/b][/quote]
    Thought that one was pretty obvious...
    So it can phone home...like E.T did in the movie "The Extra terestrial"

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Now i get it. Shame on me

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Theres no shame on you mate...just Bill Gates and his lame firewall B)

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster
    can somone explain to me what all that just meant, i mean what does the firewall do- phone home?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast