Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mgs2:substance Horrible Controls!

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You can even use the mouse to move the First Person Shooting mode??? Damn, i need a mod that'll make the controls a little easier to use.
    the ps2 controls were quite simple.. sorta wish i went with the ps2 version of substance, but i thought i could add mods and stuff.. heh

2. Games   -   #2
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@30 December 2003 - 20:03
    You can even use the mouse to move the First Person Shooting mode??? Damn, i need a mod that'll make the controls a little easier to use.
    the ps2 controls were quite simple.. sorta wish i went with the ps2 version of substance, but i thought i could add mods and stuff.. heh
    yeah i know we explained this years ago.... buy a USB joystick or a controller and use it to play it... i use a N64+ps2 USB Converter so i play using a Ps2 Controller!

3. Games   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    Konami implemented mouse support in the 3d VR missions, but they were so damn lazy, so they didn't bother giving us it in the real game.

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@30 December 2003 - 16:23
    Konami implemented mouse support in the 3d VR missions, but they were so damn lazy, so they didn't bother giving us it in the real game.
    Yea, also when you press Escape.. it nearly freezes trying to downsize the game to show the Quit message!! WTF, they shoulda made a game menu that'd come up in seconds instead! Konami made a cool game, but he likes to do stuff half ass when he converts it to PC. Same with MGS1 for PC... some problems.

5. Games   -   #5
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    i dunno but you guys but if you just use a controller that is nearly like ps2 it runs perfectly

6. Games   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Yes, but we get it on the PC to play it with keyboard and mouse.

7. Games   -   #7
    well i do have an ol Gravis game controller that has the very same shape and buttons of a ps2 controller, except the 2 analog sticks and the Vibration.
    Lemme go dust it off cause i barely found a pc game that it'd work good on except for now i suppose.

8. Games   -   #8
    hmm i went ahead and got the ps2-2-usb converter.
    I have max graphics settings for the game, and found out changeing the sound from 44hz to 22hz improved the FPS very much. I can run the game exactly like the PS2 does and sometimes slightly faster.. the ps2 controller totally kicks ass!!

Time to play da extras

9. Games   -   #9
    Lick My Lovepump
    It looks much better than the PS2/Xbox version on Max settings.

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@1 January 2004 - 18:52
    It looks much better than the PS2/Xbox version on Max settings.
    yea, now i'm glad i got the ps2 version.
    My comp stats that make it run very good are:
    althon xp 2400 2.0ghz, 128mb radeon 9500pro, 512mb DDR, 80gb 7200rpm and a 60gb 7200rpm (my docs).

It runs at like 40fps when theres no animations on screen. Heh lil faster than the ps2 version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast